“The most beautiful and relaxing place in Costa Rica!” 5 of 5 stars

Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa 154, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Bryan, TX
“The most beautiful and relaxing place in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I had the most wonderful stay at Pranamar Villas. My husband and I traveled from the United States to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We spent days traveling the country and finished our journey on the beach in Santa Theresa. I was so impressed by the beauty of our hotel and especially by its soothing and peaceful environment. Our villa had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a living room. I loved that I could seal off our room to run the A/C or open all the windows and doors for fresh air. The downstairs bathroom was both inside and outside and it was landscaped with live plants. I felt like I was in the rain forest, a luxurious rain forest. I would recommend the Pranamar Villas to anyone who wants to take a moment to unwind, to enjoy the most beautiful beach, to get centered, or to discover a part of Costa Rica that has not yet been ruined by explosive tourism. I can not wait to visit again!!!

Thank you Pranamar Villas for a great time. I loved everything from the yoga classes in the beach front studio to the live music and tapas!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

The weekend we spent in Pranamar was an amazing experience. The environment, the facilities and the magic beach front made our staying there just incredible. Sometimes you feel as you are in Indonesia or some other place in Asia. Highly recomended to couples and honeymooners!!! We felt like real honeymooners!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Manager at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
You are right, our owners were inspired from Bali when they designed it..! A river flowing between the villas (this is our pool) and our guests being able to open the door and say hi to their neighbour... Buddhas around the pool and gardens.. soothing sounds of the ocean, birds and chanting from our yoga shala.. all this in Costa Rica, never forgetting this is where we are, where we live, home of our paradise..this was their dream and now, our reality! Thank you for being a part of it!

Warm regards,

The Pranamar Family
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Visited this beautiful, family owned, Balinese styled resort for a yoga retreat for 8 days. I never wanted to leave. Staff was excellent and did everything (and more) to make my stay pleasant and comfortable.
My gorgeous villa sat next to the pool, faced the ocean and was very close to the exquisite open air yoga shala where we were offered two yoga classes a day during the retreat (Usually there is just one yoga class a day taught by their professional Anusara Inspired teacher Nancy, who also offers private sessions.)
The restaurant, where I ate every meal, was stunning and the food always fresh and delicious. Their Chef, Davin, does a marvelous job. The waitstaff was accommodating, attentive and friendly. You'll meet the owners and know the staff by name. The front desk staff is also wonderful and efficient, facilitating the rental of surfboards, boogie boards, ATV's, etc., and arranging tours of the nearby area. I went on a fabulous horseback tour of a 10,000 acre ranch. :)
The only negatives were that the WiFi was spotty at times, and some of the landscaping was not mature yet, which should be expected since they just opened. All in all a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to go back! Oh, and I almost forgot...be sure to get a massage from Stephano. Awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at pranamar villas. Took yoga and ate all their great food! The beach was absolutely spectacular. What a fun, relaxing visit. The people at Pranamar were so super lovely and made it a delicious exeprience!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!