“Simply Amazing Retreat - Best Resort, Location and Staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa 154, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
“Simply Amazing Retreat - Best Resort, Location and Staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This simply was the most amazing vacation ever!!! Thank you to the wonderful staff at Pranamar for being such a big part in making that happen! This resort is spectacular - great food, incredible location and the people who work are the best anyone could hope for! Amazing!!!! Thank you and we will see you again next year!

Room Tip: Villa #1 is breathtaking!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear friends from villa #1
Wow! Your enthusiasm and support was electrifying! I must admit, we all remember you two as happy, cheerful, fun loving, appreciative guests and you know what the wise ones say "what goes around comes around". So I suspect you were just feeling the good vibes because you were putting out such beautiful energy
Thank you so much for sharing your vaction with us. Our arms are open waiting for your return. Much love from Susan (owner) and all of us at Pranamar !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is the second time we stayed at Pranamar, and the second time we were entirely happy with the experience. It's simply the best property in Santa Teresa and the accommodations are top notch, tastefully done in an Indonesian style...but with all the amenities you'd want from a vacation villa. The pool, the Yoga facilities, the restaurant, etc are all amazing and kept clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the owners, Greg and Susan, are always there to go above and beyond to answer questions or to assist with anything else you'd like. Regardless of price, this is the THE place to stay. If you can, try to book one of the ocean facing villas...you won't regret it.

Anna & Jeff

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello happy happy second time guests,
Now that's the ultimate compliment, to receive such warm praise and it's your second time around with us at Pranamar!
It's hard to really thank you properly for taking the time to write but more importantly for the wonderful spirit and kindness you have shown all of us at Pranamar.
A big kiss and warm hug from the whole Pranamar family
Susan Money, Owner
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've never left a review because my travels are often roughing-it-type backpacking in places without staying in a fabulous resort, however, I came here last week for a yoga retreat and enjoyed every minute. In fact, I'm enjoying the memories too.
If you are a fancy pants and don't like bugs, don't go to the jungle by the beach. If you like being one with nature, and soaking in all of the vibrant life around you, yes, do stay here! I did yoga 2x a day, and the studio was surrounded by nature in the open air (so just wear bug spray if youre buggy sensitive) and you could hear all of the birds and the ocean. I loved it. I ate a vegetarian meal at the restaurant 3x a day for 8 days. Every single thing I had, including smoothies, juices, and desserts, were healthy, nutritious, and/or delicious, and the staff was super helpful, funny, and professional, and the lovely presentation of the food made me want to eat the plates too.
I did lots of yoga and surfing, so my appetite was always huge, and was never let down.
The front desk staff was very helpful in accommodations and in getting to and from places, especially booking excursions. We did group trips horseback riding, zip lining, snorkeling, and taking ATV's to a waterfall, and they were all organized for us by the staff.
Personally, I'm fascinated by the flora and fauna, and I'm not scared to see a snake slithering through, a creepy looking bug run around me, or a giant bat fly through the path. Being this exposed to nature, having the bungalows and villas be open to hear wind and rain and animals, is so wonderful to me. we kept our doors shut and it kept the bugs out. I slept like a baby since I was so active all day every day, and I woke up with the sun, which gave me some quiet time.
The grounds are maintained every morning, and the housekeeping comes in and cleans and mops every day. the floors were literally squeaky clean when I would return!
It was not cheap, but for me, it felt fancy and luxurious. I hope I can go back next year!!!

Room Tip: The villas around the pool get more foot traffic, but are convenient. the bungalows on the other sid...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear fellow yogi:
I'm delighted you enjoyed Pranamar and the yoga and any little visiting bugs that must have had fun finding you!
And it's well to let people know that we are in the jungle and our bathrooms are very open and the rains had just started do its not uncommon to experience ants or sand fleas or even an iguana in your bathroom!
We are thrilled you had a good experience and hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks.
Susan Money, Owner and all the Pranamar gang
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Pranamar is true gem,peaceful,tranquil and completely relaxing. Whether your into Yoga or not this place is true find. The staff, the beach, the villas are all wonderful. The food and to me the fact that is a little off the beaten path makes it even better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Loved how you started this review with "just a fabulous experience"
I think that says it all, but a big thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with our other readers.
Come back again just to make sure we are sill doing a good jobs!
Much love.
Susan Money, owner and the Pranamar family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I actually lead Yoga Vacations for clients. This year was in Costa Rica and we were at Pranamar for a week. It was beautiful! The place is peaceful and gorgeous - rooms are comfortable and unique. I wanted a place right on the beach with plenty of jungle around it - and this was perfect! We've reserved a week for next year too! It's a little remote to get to - but that's part of the adventure and the staff helped me to organize the whole thing.
Great Restaurant at Buddha Nose and the Spa Services were out of this world. This spot is not to be missed!

Room Tip: They're all great! If you like the sound of the ocean all night long choose the Ocean Front Bun...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Yogi,
Thank you for your glowing evaluation!
I was walking the El Camino de Santiago so did not meet you but your lively review made my day!!
Next year I will meet you for sure. Thanks again for taking the time to write
Namaste
Susan Money
Owner Pranamar Villas
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Pranamar villas are the vacation I love. Remote, quiet, beautiful, well maintained. Yoga area brings me zen just thinking about it. Staff are beautiful, kind and excellent at their work.
Restaurant and ocean are perfect.
I have been twice and look forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: I like all the villas and bungalows.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello my friend,
I think the most powerful thing you said in you review was that this was your second visit to Pranamar. WHat a beautiful compliment!
I know there are a lot of ways and places you could spend your precious vacation time. We are all deeply grateful for your trust in us. All of us at the hotel thank you, and may we be blessed to see you again and again!!
Much love
Susan Money, Owner
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We planned our trip to focus on Yoga and Surfing. Both of these endeavors were met and our expectations were exceeded. The Yoga studio is immaculate and open, facing the ocean. The regular instructor, Nancy, is knowledgeable, spiritual, and approachable. Her classes were relaxing and challenging for both novices and advanced students. Our surfing instructor, Geronimo ("Gero" for short), was awesome. He told us everything we needed to know and both of us were riding waves confidently after just one lesson. He is also one of the best surfers in the area (although he would never admit it, we heard this from more than one person outside of his company). Playa Hermosa is a great place to learn how to surf and to get a great workout in the process.

The staff was very amenable and especially so when we were booking. The trip to Santa Teresa is tricky but they helped us book a charter flight which made everything a lot easier. There were a couple of hiccups with transportation from the hotel to the airport when we checked out but nothing major. All in all, the staff is awesome and eager to please.

The restaurant is more expensive than the other places in town but it is convenient and delicious. We were very happy with the juice options at breakfast which got us started on the right foot everyday. The waiters/waitresses are all super friendly and eager to please.

We didn't give Pranamar a perfect score because of little things which could be improved: the grounds could be a little cleaner, the paths to and from the villas could have been manicured a little better (our front door path was actually obscured by a few large plants almost completely), the path from the beach to the hotel could have been cleared better, and some of the screens in our villa were ill-fitted which caused us some little bug issues, but nothing we couldn't handle.

Our experience was wonderful despite the small areas which can be improved. When those small things get addressed, I think this would become a five star resort. We would go back in a heartbeat either way.

Room Tip: the closer to the beach, the better. who doesn't want a beachfront lanai? our beachfront villa w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest
Now that was an awesome review! Thank you for taking the time!
I would like you to know that the trimming of the plants has to coincide with the rains. Sometimes things start to grow a little beyond the walkways but it is important when we trim. Once the serious rains start we really cut everything way down. I personally don't like it like that because I prefer things to err on the side of overgrown but my husband is the Gardner and I have learned that he really does know what's best for the longevity of the gardens. So I must admit it depends when you visit whether or not you will have the plants too thick and tall or too sparse.
Of course there is also a window of time when things are darn close to perfect
As for the screens we will take notes and work on it right away ! Thanks for being so adaptable
But we will fine tune everything again.
We truly appreciate your honesty!
Glad you had a great time!!
Warmly
Susan Money Owner

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!