“A piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Canada
“A piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Amazing resort in a small surfing town in Costa Rica. The weather is amazing and if you like to surf it's a gem. Pranamar is tucked away just outside of town and its a perfect place to get away. The rooms are beautiful- I picked a poolside villa and its the perfect location. The food is fresh, local and healthy and the portions are big. It's right in the beach which mainly used by this resort. Town is about a 5 min drive so pick up things you need before you come or rent a bike or ATV.

• Stayed March 2014
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear "a Piece of Heaven Guest"

Your review was just what I needed today. Wow! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your happiness with Pranamar. Most of the time, I feel like we are doing a wonderful job. I know our hearts are in the right place but it always feels so good to hear confirmation that Pranamar is a loving place,from a guest!!

Have a wonderful day. I don't think you can really imagine how much your review meant to me!
Warmly,
Susan Money, owner Pranamar Villas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
david
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

So far, pranamar has exceeded expectations. A beautiful location and friendly staff. However, our villa, number 6, feels like it's inside the kitchen. Cooking smells and bashing dishes. And this is on a night where only 3 tables were served for dinner! By all mean come to pranamar but avoid #6!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear folks
Wow, sorry to hear about this. In 4 years we have never had this problem before at least no one has ever discussed it. But I sencerely apologize.
Obviously, with only 3 tables, the noise was a kitchen staff having too much fun! I admit that people often tell me they love the cooking smells as they pass by the restaurant but apparently that didn't work for you either.. I don't think we can change that but hopefully most people enjoy the various and fun foods we prepare!
I'm delighted we still surpassed your expectations, thats wonderful to hear inspite of the few hiccups you discussed. But you can be sure my kitchen staff will be "properly scolded" and this wont happen again! Thanks for your honesty.
In the end, it sounds like you had a great time. As you know, our restaurant closes early, we are not a late restaurant as our guests are pooped by the end of the day, so noise is rarely a problem.
Hope to see you again and we will be sure to silence our crew!
Warmly,
Susan Money, Owner of Pranamar Villas
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here for a week for a yoga retreat and it was an amazing experience that I won't forget! I honestly have no complaints. The staff were incredibly accommodating and provided excellent care. I felt extremely safe here and was happy that there was plenty of clean drinking water available. The food was fresh and delicious with plenty of options for people with food allergies.

There is easy access to any activities like yoga, surfing, stand up paddleboard, ziplining, ATV, shopping, etc.

Gorgeous beach and plenty of chairs and hammocks to relax in!

Body workers were wonderful as well... Getting a massage near the ocean was rejuvenating and healing. A must!

Wifi service was a definite perk!

I hope to be back... thanks Pranamar! I won't forget you. Namaste.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Happy Happy Guest,
Thnk you for this wonderful review and for acknowledging so many of the services we offer here at Pranamar. It sounds like you were not disappointed by any aspect and your enthusiasm is contagious!!

We would be delighted to have you back.and please, if you book, let us know that you are a return guest....as its always fun for us to try to make each visit better and better and better!
Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a vibrant review!
Namaste
Susan Money, Owner
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I lead a yoga vacation here in January, 2014. It was amazing! Yes, it's a little remote and hard to get to - but getting there is definitely part of the fun! They set everything up for us, and it all went like clock work! From the transfers at San Jose airport to our San Jose hotel, then to the airport again the following day to our charter planes across to the peninsula and then transport to Pranamar. It was fun and beautiful. When we arrived we were given a tour of the grounds and it is just amazing!! gorgeous pool and villas, incredible beach, yoga shala that is magical, and a wonderful restaurant!

The staff was helpful and friendly to everyone. They have a HUGE menu of spa services and we definitely tried them all! Everyone raved about the spa and tried more than one service.

The staff happily sets up all kinds of activities for everyone, from zip lining, horseback riding, SUP or surfing. There's plenty to do. But you could also just relax in a lounge chair on the beach or swing in a hammock. We all gathered every evening to watch the sunset. One night the staff even set up a bonfire on the beach for us!

Oh and the food! Delicious and healthy. We loved the salads at lunch and the yummy smoothies. Really fresh fish every day, So Good! But everything was great - service, quality, etc. We loved it.

It's a beautiful place with beautiful people. Many of my clients said it was the best vacation they'd ever had! We'll definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: If you choose a beachside villa or bungalow you'll have the added benefit of hearing the ocean 2...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Happy Guest!
Wow! I was just heading to the beach to catch the sunset and read your review. I was already feeling wonderful, but then, after finishing your letter, I felt incredible!

What can I say? Thank you sounds insignificant. I'm truly at a loss for words. What pleases me most, is that your group seemed to all enjoy their stay. Nothing makes a hotel owner happier, than happy guests.
We sure look forward to sharing your beautiful energy here at Pranamar. Thank you for celebrating life with us.
Susan Money, Owner Pranamar
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Pranamar as a part of the Vajra Sol Yoga/SUP Retreat for one week. From the minute we landed in Tambor to the day we left, everyone on the property made sure that we had everything that we needed to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant staff, the front desk, the taxi drivers, the surf and yoga instructors all were top notch and accommodating. We had a bungalow that was more than enough space for 2 people. The front porch included lounge chairs, and a hammock for days that we wanted to spend time away from the beautiful pool and beach. Can't say enough about how quickly the staff responded and fixed any issue big or small. Highly recommend this resort for anyone looking for top notch service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hello My dear guests,
I was in Nicaragua visiting my son and his family while you were at Pranamar. And of course, when I'm away, I'm always hoping that things run smoothly and that our guests our happy. Its silly of me to worry, because I have the BESTbest staff in the world (hence, we call ourselves a family) and I know that no matter what, they take care of folks.
But, nothing warms my heart more than to hear first hand from our guests that their experience at Pranamar exceeded their expectations!
Thank you so much for this loving and detailed report! Thank you for noticing how much we do care and for taking the time to write about us!
Come back again, our arms are open!
Susan Money, Owner
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Owners Susan adds to the spirit & Greg has done a breathtaking job landscaping. villa 1 right on beach is very special. staff are lovely and smiley. Long live the permosmile that is emblazoned on everyone's face here. yoga is first class (according to my better half who has been doing yoga -rather than twerking- for 25 years.) the pasta zucchini was delicious. One philistine didn't like it but then he most likely thinks zucchini is a composer and was probably missing his tomato ketchup.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Heavenly Guest,
This is Susan writing you. I loved your review, loved all your comments but particularly your friends description of zucchini as a food source!! haha
Thank you for taking the time to write..and thanks for sharing your experience at Pranamar. I honestly think that we do have some of the happiest people on the planet working at Pranamar. But remember, when the guests are smiling, it is so much easier to smile back, speaking of which, I hope we find you in our "home" again soon!
Love,
Susan
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We came as a small family - two dads and our 15 month year old baby, and immediately upon arrival we felt as though we were part of a special family. Susan, Greg and the staff took real care of us. Pranamar is intimate and beautifully designed - Susan with her joy and eye for detail, and Greg, the man with passion for flowers and the Pranamar garden. Nancy is a gifted yoga teacher who generously shares her experiences with all. This place is a jewel by the ocean....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Happy Happy Guest.
Greg, Nancy and I all thank you for your kind words and for your contagious enthusiasm! I'm thrilled you had such a good time...and nothing brightens up my day like a loving Pranamar review!
Stay in our lives, we love to see people return and speaking on behalf of allof us at Pranamar. One big kiss for you!
Love,
Susan, Owner

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!