My family rented Pranamar for a wedding last year and I was so pleased with our visit. It was already a very special location for the bride and groom and I am happy to say it lived up to the hype they created.
We were in a bungalow with our baby that overlooked one of the pools. If you are traveling with young children, just be aware that they can walk right out the door into the pool. I watched my child like a hawk, but we all really enjoyed having the gorgeous pool literally steps from the door. The bed was comfortable in our bungalow and our bathroom was unique and had a great
decor. The upstairs bedroom had a balcony to overlook the property and a shower. Wifi was very handy and reliable in the bungalow.
Also, I didn't do any spa treatments on the property. I just saw a massage area, not a full spa. I did go down the road to Flor Blanca (spelling? ) which I believe the owners of Pranamar created and then sold. The spa there was incredible! Highly advise a visit.
Also, I do need to mention that in our case, the window curtains in some areas of the villa didn't give full privacy. One curtain in our bedroom kept falling and the same for our living room area. Also, the noise from the pool and yoga area travel directly into the room. I don't know how it would be if you were traveling and not into yoga, but since we rented the entire place we always knew when to expect things. Also, yoga is one of the reasons people go to Pranamar, so if it's not your thing, don't go. Also the roads to get to Pranamar are quite bumpy. Be aware if you are traveling with more fragile people. I was pregnant at the time and my family chartered a helicopter to get me and another pregnant relative back to the airport based upon my doctor's recommendation. I was in my 1st trimester.
Getting to and from the property back to SJO can be somewhat of an ordeal. My advice is to charter a helicopter and pack light. We had several relatives who had to take a very bumpy ride to a regional airport and then a flight to San Jose. Several people said the flight back to San Jose was a bit scary. "Like flying on a school bus." I think that driving from SJO to a ferry and then doing a ferry crossing, then driving to the property is another option that I would not recommend. I think it would take forever and you would lose a lot of vacation time that way.
To sum it up, the property is beautiful. Food was delicious and the beach was serene. The staff were all very kind and it was a pleasure to meet the owners. I know we will be back at some point and look forward to delicious meals, relaxation and the sunsets!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa