My husband and I just enjoyed a wonderful eight days at Pranamar at the end of our honeymoon. From the beautifully designed and decorated villas, to the friendly and helpful staff, to the fresh and delicious food, this was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever stayed.
We stayed in one of the beachfront villas, which we thought was worth the slightly higher price as you could watch the waves crash from the comfort of the villa's upstairs balcony. We also particularly liked the outdoor shower, the hammock, and the 'airiness' of the villa. Unlike some others who have reviewed Pranamar, we didn't have any issue with insects or bats in our villa. I think this was in large part thanks to the housekeeping staff who do a remarkably thorough clean of the entire villa daily. We did see lizards, crabs, birds and squirrels outside in the garden though, which I loved!
What really made Pranamar stand out from other beautiful resorts, however, was the staff, and the food and drinks at Buddha Eyes (Pranamar's restaurant). All the staff, and particularly the restaurant staff, were very friendly, happy, helpful and attentive. They really made us feel very welcome and were only too happy to help - including with surfing tips and practising our Spanish, all while maintaining efficient service. And the food was fantastic! The meals were fresh and tasty, and the drinks were equally delicious - make sure you try a Shiva's Nectar!
We also enjoyed the smaller size of the resort. Even though I think most of the villas and bungalows were occupied, the resort was never noisy or crowded, and we nearly always had the pool to ourselves.
I would highly recommend Pranamar, and look forward to returning, hopefully in the not too distant future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa