We chose this location after many hours on trip advisor and google looking at all our options of where to go for our honeymoon. Other hotels in Santa Teresa didn't look anywhere as nice, I even visited some of the villa's that were rated higher on trip advisor out of curiosity - I still don't understand why Pranamar isn't higher on the list! We wanted something private, but a completely private villa doesn't have a restaurant on property and I knew we would want to treat ourself to a few dinners where we could just walk home after a few drinks.
The RESTAURANT is a stunning structure and is never too over crowded with customers. I enjoy culinary experiences in Toronto, and frequent new and exciting restaurants often. This restaurant could compete with some great restaurants in Toronto, and the service and cocktails were the cherry on top. Every night we ate there we went home with ear to hear smiles and happy tummies. I really like how the menu is fresh & new depending on what the kitchen has that day, but also covers the vegans, meat or fish lovers. Oh and the desserts!!
We had complimentary BREAKFAST with our package, and we weren't expecting much, but the menu was great. We tried a new dish every day - our favourite was the banana pancakes and breakfast burrito. I'm going to be craving those pancakes for a long long time.
We stayed in two types of accommodations during our stay. The garden bungalows are wonderful because its all one large, very romantic room with white curtains, fantastic ceiling, and cool bathroom.
We then moved to the beach front villa, very different from the bungalow, the villa had a different charm, it was really nice to have the upstairs patio - a stunning oasis.
The SURF spot - a 10 minute walk down the beach is great for learning, complimented with waves for the stronger surfers. The yoga studio is gorgeous, I do enjoy my YOGA once a week in Toronto, and this was challenging if you wanted it to be, it was a great sweat, fantastic class! I urned my pancakes that morning, whoa.
All in all - A great place for Yoga retreats, honeymoons or anniversaries. Not a place to party, or go with Teenagers - head to Tamarindo if you are looking for that. The atmosphere here is perfect for relaxation, fantastic conversation, and loads of romance. I hope we will go back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa