Let's start with the good: The place is very pretty, with particular emphasis on the way the villas are built by the side of the pool. This is very eye catching and definitely enjoyable.
The key fundamental flaw is value for money. This has been my most expensive lodging in Costa Rica up to date (having stayed in equivalent 4 and 5 stars in Arenal and Manuel Antonio). Even though we're in green season, the price tag is steep given the service.
3 big issues:
1) NOISE: First night staff partied in the restaurant until 12am - and stopped only after we had to go to complain in person. Bear in mind that this place markets itself as a "peaceful" retreat which focuses in "bodywelness and rest". Also claims to curfew the restaurant activity between 9-10pm so as not to disturb the piece. Staff was extremely loud, and started playing music at 12am. (Nightfall is around 6pm at this time of the year).
2) BATS: 2 out of 3 nights we had bats in the villa (bedroom and main room). This in itself is understandable given you're in a more natural environment - but then again you're paying a lot vs. other lodgings. On top of that, when we asked the staff, housekeeping said "You shouldn't leave doors open" - when the day before we had been without a door for half the day given it was disfunctional. And on top of that, then left our windows open. We also asked reception about it and failed to give us a lot of answer - not that we were expecting magical solves but at least some interest and commitment.
3) BEACH: The beachfront is totally rocky. Need to walk 10 min north for a clear beach where you can bath.
SUMMARY: Definitely expecting better service for the price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa