Yesterday in a local yoga class in Louisville, CO, I swear that saltwater suddenly dripped from my nose and it tasted like surfing and all of my beautiful experiences at Pranamar Villas. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps! This is how much I love Pranamar; it is my slice of heaven on earth.
I just returned from my second trip to Pranamar. I visited last year, in April, with Vajra Sol's Yoga & Surf Retreat. It was such a spectacular experience that I knew I had to return. This year, I traveled there in mid-May (fantastic and surprisingly dry weather), and brought along two friends. We stayed in one of the glorious Ocean Front Villas (#1) and enjoyed every second of our time at Pranamar. Sometimes, you don't know if you can recreate an experience that was truly special the first time. With Pranamar, I've learned that not only can you recreate the feeling of the first trip, you can make it better because you settle into your surroundings more quickly. So, I'm telling you now, if you're just planning your first visit, it's likely you'll leave thinking about your second and third visit!
I surfed six days while I was at Pranamar this year. Last year was my first time surfing, and thanks to amazing and patient instruction by Ismael, and the warm and beautiful waters of Playa Hermosa, I was hooked! I can't surf in Colorado, so I had been dreaming all year about surfing in Costa Rica. I requested Ismael for this trip and once, again, my surfing guru helped me take my surfing up a notch. Ismael is a gifted teacher and he really knows how to work around your fears in the water. He also knows how to make you laugh!
As always, the food at Pranamar was exceptional. My friends and I found ourselves up early and eager to go eat. Banana pancakes are heavenly, but I love everything on their breakfast menu. We ate most of our meals at Buddha Eyes because the quality is excellent, the staff is wonderful, and in general, we loved the tranquil setting of the restaurant.
I had an excellent massage with Marcella. She's so lovely and easy to connect with! The entire massage experience was fantastic and next time, I will book two or three while I'm there.
Pranamar is secluded and serene and beautiful, but what makes it truly extraordinary is the people that work there. From the moment we arrived until the hugs when we left, we felt welcomed not just by a nice staff, but by people that had truly become new friends. There's never any attitude at Pranamar, just lots of smiles and helpful tips about the area. Many of the staff remembered me from the previous year, so returning this year felt extra special. When I return to Pranamar, I will look forward to seeing everyone that works there.
If you can, stay in an Ocean Front Villa. If you don't live near the ocean, there's nothing more lovely than waking up and walking just a few steps onto the huge balcony to view the morning waves. I literally jumped out of bed most mornings and ran down to the beach for a few quiet moments in the sand. It's hard to imagine how remote this area is, but it's definitely off the beaten path, and in May, I often had the beach to myself in the morning.
There's so much to write about, but much of it is covered in my other review. Yoga was fantastic. Unfortunately, Nancy was away for the week, but her sub, Shannon, was fantastic, too. Every yoga class in the beautiful yoga shala is lovely. I didn't take as much yoga this year because I focused on surfing, but next trip will surely include more yoga. Aside from yoga and surfing, our days included watching sunsets on the beach, eating fantastic meals, swimming in the ocean, evening swims in the pool, and lazy afternoons in the hammock. We also went to the falls at Montezuma one day (with the awesome Diogenes from the front desk), took some fantastic drives, and enjoyed watching howler monkeys in the trees along the road.
So, I am already planning my next trip to Pranamar Villas (more goosebumps)...
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.