“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa 154, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Truckee, California
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Pranamar........ahhhh........greeted with cold Shiva's Nectar (ginger infused drink) on arrival is amazing! Beautifully situated on the Playa with multiple relaxation pools, walking paths, hammocks strung through trees, lounges on the beach, Yoga Shala, surf lessons and boards, restaurant, and massage! It doesn't get much better or "tranquilo" than this and I will be going back. We stayed in bungalow 3 which had all the accomodations we needed (It would be even better if there was drinking water in each stay place). The staff is very helpful and will arrange any activity that you are interested in; bikes, zipline, ATV rental, Isla De Tortuga boat tour, etc. The restaurant is VERY good and I enjoyed meeting all the staff there as well! I definitely took advantage of everything that Pranamar has to offer and highly suggest you do as well!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Unique. Both the hotel and the houses are simply amazing. I'm not going to describe all because i don't want people to know too much ;)))...

We arrived last minute in season end (Late April) for one night and stayed three nights (we were four people). Surfing was the goal and this place is right on the Sweet spot for Playa hermosa peak!!.

Be aware that prices in Costa Rica are quite high both for hotel and food, so if you're going on low budget this is not the place for you. Still you can come in for lunch in the fabulous restaurant... organic food yoga and stuf you can find it here... we are loving it so much i'm writing this review while still staying here ;))...

Room Tip: ask for "white house" ;))))
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
HELLO Surfers!
Glad you got some good surf while you were here....Mother Nature doesnt ALWAYS cooperate, but you have a good shot at it in this area! I dont mind that you didnt want to tell "too much", haha, but you told enough that people can find us....so i THANK you profusely for that!
And you are RIGHT, Costa Rica has gotten very expensive. I have been living here almost 27 years and have watched Costa Rica become a FIRSt world country. so with that, comes the good and the bad! But all in all, it is a wonderful place to live and Im so thrilled when folks like you are not disappointed. Thank you so much for taking the time to write.
Much love
susan money, owner Pranamar villas
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pranamarvillas is stunning! We were a group of eight and stayed in the ocean front villas! The villas were gorgeous with beautiful view of the ocean. The food is amazing, all the staff are very friendly and they take the time to get to know you! Loved the Shiva Nectars Johan made for us.
The yoga shala is beautiful and the yoga teachers are outstanding. If you are looking for an oasis in paradise look no further as Pranamar has it all! I will never ever forget this trip.....it truly was a trip of a lifetime that will stay in my heart forever.
I will be back very soon.
Keep up the amazing work everyone at Pranamar.

Room Tip: The ocean front villa is gorgeous and extremely spacious. It has 2 large decks with full living area...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Friends,
WELL, I read your review and just wanted to send a big THANK YOU for the loving and kind words.....and your enthusiasm jumps off the page!! Really, Im delighted you had such a good time....and that you appreciated Johann our incredible bartender and smoothie maker....he has been working with me for many years in my other hotels. And YOGA, yes, i proud to say that we do have a great yoga team.......my daughter nancy (the teacher) made me stop running marathons and start doing yoga about 14 years ago...and now im HOOKED>
But most important...is that you had a wonderful vacation and that you felt cared for by everyone at Pranamar. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. AND PLEASE, COME BACK AND MAKE SURE WE ARE ALWAYS DOING A GOOD JOB!
love
susan Money, owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were a group of eight a group put together by our yoga instructor, we had villa 1 and villa 2, it was everything i thought it was going to be and much more. I stayed in villa 1 it was awesome, the rooms were beautiful and soooo loved the outdoor shower on the lower level! What can i say our week stay was truly amazing, from the massages to the wonderful food to the beaches and the wonderful sunsets, the staff was excellent . Thank-you Pranamar!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We luckily stayed here on a last minute on a getaway. The place is great. The staff was beyond warm & lovely. The food was really divine & super clean. The yoga studio is really epic and has some great, well-studied instructors. The outdoor shower was one of my favorites perks- a big beautiful stone bowl. We got a lot of help on Santa Teresa in general from the staff- and it helped the trip immensely. There was more of a family / kid vibe than I anticipated for a Yoga-centric retreat & it could've been a bit more quiet / peaceful at times- but it ended up ok. All in all, a really nice gem in a really wonderful locale. Very grateful for the lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Friends,
I sure know who you are...Villa 6...and I do remember that I was in the pool making a lot of the noise with my granddaughter and the only 4 other kids in the hotel! So I do apologize ...we rarely have kids, I was excited to have my granddaughter enjoy some english speaking friends, so to be honest, you witnessed a rarity!
However, we do love kids and we have found that the kids that do come, are very respectful of others. They know when yoga is in session...and most prefer the ocean to the pool! If I was attentive I probably would have known you were distracted by them and we surely could have simmered down.
Glad that it didn't spoil your vacation. Glad that you liked our food...and thank you for your wonderful attitude and tolerance....thanks to you I will be more attentive to this next time!
Many thanks
Susan Money, Owner
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I just spent 4 nights at Pranamar with my 8 year-old daughters, and we couldn't have asked for a better time. Our poolside villa was great - we were not bothered by any noise. The beds and pillows were really comfortable. The food was delicious, and the bartender made amazing mojitos! Playa Hermosa is just a few minutes up the beach. The sunset and stars were amazing. On top of all this, the staff were all super friendly and willing to help out with anything. The owner Susan was around daily and is fantastic. I look forward to a return visit to this warm, family-like place in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 5 by the pool and didn't have any problems with noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cary, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Pranmar is a remote gem in paradise! the villas are beautiful with all the touches from Bali. Your in the jungle, but with A/C,. The food is so delicious , especially if u r a vegan, and gluten free. The healthy drinks are so delicious too. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. We really miss Pinky the dog! who was our new best friend. Nancy's yoga classes are very challenging and enlightening! . Next time we will bring our husbands for a romantic trip.

Room Tip: Tip: stay in Villa 1 if u want complete privacey on the beach. Villas near the restaurant are see...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!