“Writing a negative review about Pranamar, is like going to HEAVEN and complaining about the accommodation. I Love Pranamar...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat

Save Saved
You added Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa 154, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

At Pranamar I found that the continuity and consistency of the care for their guests was IMPECCABLE...
and the grounds well, how does one describe heaven ?
I stayed in Feb 2013 and witnessed hospitality at its best. When the
owners are not in sight, and that is rare, there was no shift in the excellence of care and concern for
the guest from the Pranamar staff/family .
When I first met Susan I thought she
was another very friendly
approachable guest. She is amazing, as a guest she makes you feel like
you are a close personal friend .
Thank you Susan for sharing your HEAVEN on Earth..after visiting
Pranamar I am happier than I have ever been.
Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you
Cathy Gaines
P.S.

Keep writing the Awesome Response
I look forward to your honesty in responding logically and calmly to the few,
HEAVEN HATERS in the world..lol
I hope in my life time our paths meet again.

• Stayed February 2013
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Cathy,
Well my friend, the minute I met you I knew I met another soul mate! Wow, your energy and love and enthusiasm is exciting...and I thank you with all my heart for your beautiful Trip Advisor letter. Honestly, sometimes I feel like the "lone ranger" out here...and then the voices of people like you help me remember that I simply can't please everyone, so thank you for supporting me and thank you for taking the time to write, and thank you for experiencing the love we try to send out.
Stay in my life, come back, we need more time together!
Much love,
Susan Money, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was really hard to write this review for two reasons: 1 - like many new yorkers, I fear that when my favorite secret piece of heaven gets discovered, then it will become too overbooked and crowded for me to still get in. 2- there are just so many things I want to say, I know I will miss something!

My husband and I were looking for a wedding location that would entice our closest friends and family to escape to from NYC's blustery winter and fast pace of life. I feel like we hit the jackpot with Pranamar. It truly exceeded expectations on all accounts. For any brides to be out there who are looking for a beautiful, relaxing wedding, I would highly recommend you consider Pranamar.

We chose Pranamar over many other resorts after several emails and calls with the Pranamar events coordinator Larissa - they promised to deliver on everything we were looking for:
- daily yoga
- option for surf lessons
- stunning rooms able to accommodate groups of friends and family
- help with travel coordination for all guests once they arrive in Costa Rica
- local decorations and flowers
- help in getting a DJ / photographer
- variety of healthy food and smoothies

Larissa way over delivered even well before we arrived in Costa Rica. Our guests were so appreciative of her rapid responses and careful planning of their individual trips right up to the arrival on the grounds. She helped me put together a master schedule for each day that included everything you need for a wedding (hair appointment, makeup, meet with DJ, etc) as well as everything you need for a destination vacation (surf lessons, zip lining, hiking, transportation). She even worked with my husband's friends to coordinate a surprise bachelor party for him.

The chef and kitchen staff at Pranamar are extremely talented. My mother is the typical picky eater and she gushed every meal she ate at Pranamar. Also, their smoothies are the bomb. Creamy Tropical Smoothie, Shiva's Nectar, Buddha's Lemonade - my mouth is watering. The rehearsal dinner was amazing (We had sushi, salad, lentil burgers, fish tacos, etc.) - in fact, my husband and I thought it would be impossible to top. But they did with the wedding reception the next day. Susan and her daughter Nancy absolutely spoiled us with their dessert buffet and wonderful wedding cake. It was incredible!!

Finally, the yoga at Pranamar was really exceptional. The instruction was very high quality that focused not only on challenging asanas but also on the breath and calming the mind. In my typical class in NY we are asked to "look out to the horizon" but really we are just looking out at the building across the street - at Pranamar you actually can look out onto the horizon! The breeze is blowing around you, you can hear birds and smell flowers- their yoga shala is such a beautiful sanctuary.

I'm so grateful that Susan, Greg, Nancy, Larissa, and the rest of the Pranamar family shared their little secret piece of heaven with us! It will always be a special place for me and my husband and we can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bride!
Ha ha, I know exactly who you are and I must tell you that after you all left we said "those were the nicest people, the happiest people, the most grateful people, the most generous people..."
Thank you, really thank you for sharing your thoughts. Thank you for sharing paradise and thank you for trusting us with one of your most important days in your life.
We will never forget you, never, and so all I can say is "you were our gift"
So much love
Susan and all of us....
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I were married at Pranamar in January. Pranamar hosted the event as well as the majority of our guests. Our stay was lovely. The food, the grounds, the rooms, the staff, and the setting were all wonderful. I'll try and get into particulars to avoid just gushing but if you read no further, understand that my wife and I are fans, will and have recommended it to others and will absolutely return.

The restaurant on the grounds is excellent. My wife and I enjoy healthy food but are not so devout that we want it taste like yard clippings. The food is both delicious and good for you. There is an array of juices and smoothies that I will be thinking fondly of until I return. The kitchen staff including Ana, Carla and Kenneth did everything they could to make our dining experience a treat.

The grounds and the villas really set the mood. The villas were exactly what I was hoping for being extremely nice but not at the cost of making you feel completely divorced from the natural beauty. And there is a great deal of natural beauty. Yes, Pranamar sits on a beautiful beach but the gardens and the pool complement that setting very well.

I had my first surfing experience while at Pranamar. There is an excellent spot for learning to surf just a short walk up the beach from Pranamar. The surf instruction we got was incredible. All of the guys were helpful, patient, knowledgeable and did I mention patient? The head instructor, Ishmael, is an incredible guy to guide you in your first foray into the waves or even if you just want to get a couple pointers to improve your already capable surfing.

As I mentioned, my wife and I were married at Pranamar and Larissa, Pranamar's event coordinator, made a very special event for us unforgettable. We gave her rough parameters and it felt like she really treated it as if it were her own event. The local flowers that just appeared were perfect. The food for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception, all done by the restaurant, was lovely. The scene on the beach all produced by Larissa and her staff couldn't have been lovelier. I certainly wouldn't call us high maintenance people but we gave Larissa a great deal of discretion and there wasn't a single thing we were disappointed with. We were truly blown away with how everything turned out. Our guests had a wonderful time and we will cherish the memories. We <3 Larissa and Pranamar.

I can truly say that Pranamar spoiled us for other places. No, I'm serious. We left Pranamar and Costa Rica after our wedding to head off on our honeymoon. I won't name names but we went to a location I've heard many people speak highly of for some scuba diving and other nature activities. From we walked into the hotel my wife and I could feel we didn't have the same connection with this place. We tried to give it a chance and attempted to defer judgement but we only lasted 2 nights before we literally fled the hotel at a run. Additional complicating factors were that it was unseasonably cold and rainy at that time and if that were the only problem, we'd have toughed it out but for our honeymoon, we really just wanted to be happy. We dashed off a last minute email to Larissa while at the airport to let her know we were on our way back and any accomodations they had available would be very much appreciated. After a little mild panic on her part, they were able to set something up for us to enjoy the remainder of our honeymoon.

I'm looking forward to our next visit. Thanks to others I didn't get to work into this narative including Dago at the front desk, Gonzalo and Stig on surfing, Nancy the yoga instructor as well as the creator of all of the desserts for our wedding with Susan, the owner of the hotel, and Greg who seemed to be constantly tending to the lovely gardens.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
pranamar, Manager at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Groom,
How do I answer? That we loved your wedding, we love you both and really, I said it all before, we feel blessed that you chose us and trusted us and that in the end, we were all more than happy!
I have to refrain from getting too sentimental, but Larissa, Nancy, myself, the restaurant crew, the folks in reception, we all felt sad when you left!
When you are ready for a break, please, please come to us and let us spoil you for a few days. When we spoil you, we spoil ourselves!
We love you
Susan
Aptos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently returned from week-long yoga and surfing vacation at Pranamar Resort. After a short flight from San Jose, Costa Rica to the Tambor airport and a 45 minute ride through the Nicoya Peninsula countryside, we arrived at the resort. We were greeted at the front desk by a friendly staff and a tropical drink. We stayed in one of the spacious ocean front villas, just a few steps from the tiki bar and beautiful beach.

For the next six days, we enjoyed daily surfing lessons from Juan, peaceful yoga classes from Nancy, and afternoons floating in the warm waters of the tropical swimming pool. Pranamar is a small, intimate, remote resort where you can relax, enjoy the beautiful sunsets with a Margarita, and dine on a variety of delicious, organic food at the Budda Eyes Restuarant. The Pranamar staff were so welcoming, helpful, and always gracious. Gary, Dago, Anna, Karla. Talo, Diogenes, and all the resort staff were so accommodating and greeted with a warm smile and friendly "Hola" every morning.

We would recommend Pranamar to anyone wanting a sunny, warm, relaxing, retreat who enjoys the benefits of yoga and, of course, the fun of surfing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jericho, Vermont, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

my daughter and i just stayed at pranamar for a week, on a yoga retreat.
words cannot describe the experience - truly unique and magical -- pranamar is in a beautiful location. listening to the waves all day and night - the birds and monkeys - wow. the staff is fantastic, best-ever. so friendly and helpful, always there to greet you with a genuine smile. cars and adventures were readily available, whatever we needed. the bungalow we were in was perfect for us - clean, welcoming -- the food was the best on the planet, hands down. we will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Fellow Vermonters!
We miss the best "mother and daughter " team to ever visit Pranamar. Thank you for the lovely Trip Advisor letter, thank you so much!
I know that we will see each other again. I will find you when I go to Vermont this July. Until then, Pranamar has its arms waiting to greet you!
Love to both of you
Susan, and the whole Pranamar gang.
Burlington, Vermont, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It doesn't get much better than Pranamar! The staff is like a family that wecomes you in with warmth, kindness, and welcoming smiles! The massages and food are topnotch, not to mention the yoga and delicious smoothies after class! If you want to be on the ocean in Costa Rica...PRANAMAR IS YOUR PLACE! :)

Regina B. Robbins
Burlington, Vermont

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear fellow Vermonter!

(Did I tell you I went to UVM...about a hundred years ago it seems)
I want you to know that all the smiles and love you received from us is always because we are just giving back what we are receiving from YOU!
I'm so happy that Pranamar met your expectations and that we can hold each other in our hearts until your next visit!
Thank you for taking the time to write. Pranamars arms are open , just waiting for your return

Much love,

Susan Money (Owner) and all of the Pranamar Family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked a 7 night yoga package at Pranamar for February 2013; second trip to Costa Rica, such a beautiful country and great place to practice yoga. Decided to check out the coast and chose Pranamar Villas based on the yoga focus, proximity to the beach, overall value and prior reviews. This resort surpassed all expectations: the food provided by the staff at the restaurant was amazing to say the least; it doesn't get any better and for myself the freshest fish from the sea each day was an added bonus. The accommodations were exceptional in roominess, comfort, privacy and location. We were lucky enough to enjoy the Kulae House; highly recommend this option for anyone making the trip. The yoga was superb! The instruction and the shala were fabulous..every class offered challenges and rewards for every skill level. Invigorating does not capture it. The ocean and the beach are indescribable..This area is a paradise. The absolute quiet except for the ocean, birds, and monkeys will put the busiest of minds at rest. The time spent at this resort is by far one of the best vacations I have ever taken and I feel enormously lucky to have experienced it. Thanks to the 'Pranamar Family'..for ensuring an amazing time.

Room Tip: All the accommodations are good--beach front is exactly that..unobstructed and beautiful..Kulae Hous...