It was really hard to write this review for two reasons: 1 - like many new yorkers, I fear that when my favorite secret piece of heaven gets discovered, then it will become too overbooked and crowded for me to still get in. 2- there are just so many things I want to say, I know I will miss something!
My husband and I were looking for a wedding location that would entice our closest friends and family to escape to from NYC's blustery winter and fast pace of life. I feel like we hit the jackpot with Pranamar. It truly exceeded expectations on all accounts. For any brides to be out there who are looking for a beautiful, relaxing wedding, I would highly recommend you consider Pranamar.
We chose Pranamar over many other resorts after several emails and calls with the Pranamar events coordinator Larissa - they promised to deliver on everything we were looking for:
- daily yoga
- option for surf lessons
- stunning rooms able to accommodate groups of friends and family
- help with travel coordination for all guests once they arrive in Costa Rica
- local decorations and flowers
- help in getting a DJ / photographer
- variety of healthy food and smoothies
Larissa way over delivered even well before we arrived in Costa Rica. Our guests were so appreciative of her rapid responses and careful planning of their individual trips right up to the arrival on the grounds. She helped me put together a master schedule for each day that included everything you need for a wedding (hair appointment, makeup, meet with DJ, etc) as well as everything you need for a destination vacation (surf lessons, zip lining, hiking, transportation). She even worked with my husband's friends to coordinate a surprise bachelor party for him.
The chef and kitchen staff at Pranamar are extremely talented. My mother is the typical picky eater and she gushed every meal she ate at Pranamar. Also, their smoothies are the bomb. Creamy Tropical Smoothie, Shiva's Nectar, Buddha's Lemonade - my mouth is watering. The rehearsal dinner was amazing (We had sushi, salad, lentil burgers, fish tacos, etc.) - in fact, my husband and I thought it would be impossible to top. But they did with the wedding reception the next day. Susan and her daughter Nancy absolutely spoiled us with their dessert buffet and wonderful wedding cake. It was incredible!!
Finally, the yoga at Pranamar was really exceptional. The instruction was very high quality that focused not only on challenging asanas but also on the breath and calming the mind. In my typical class in NY we are asked to "look out to the horizon" but really we are just looking out at the building across the street - at Pranamar you actually can look out onto the horizon! The breeze is blowing around you, you can hear birds and smell flowers- their yoga shala is such a beautiful sanctuary.
I'm so grateful that Susan, Greg, Nancy, Larissa, and the rest of the Pranamar family shared their little secret piece of heaven with us! It will always be a special place for me and my husband and we can't wait to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa