I spent 1 week at Pranamar and overall, it was a very lovely experience. The staff is amazingly friendly and everyone seems very sincere. I didn't feel anyone was putting on an act to "be nice to the guests." The owners, who are a family, are always close at hand so if you need some help or just want to get to know them, they are available and roaming around. I liked this as it doesn't happen too often. Susan, owner, is a hoot, and if you want a laugh, she's your girl. She checked on my many times during my stay to make sure I was happy and made sure to put things right at check out time when there was some misunderstanding regarding my bill. I appreciated this very much. It showed they put guests first. It showed good character. The food is very lovely. I have many dietary restrictions and they accommodated me the entire time and none of the restaurant staff seemed to be put out with the extra requests. I especially enjoyed the fruit drinks. They even modified mine to cut down on the sugar. Again, I was very appreciative. Generally speaking, they will go out of their way to do many "extras" for you if you just ask. I recommend speaking up if you want something. There is a good chance you'll get it. The rooms were nice. Mine was on the smaller side, but it had a large king bed in it. Also this is an eco-friendly place, so wasting space wouldn't go with the theme very well. Also in a place like this, the bedroom is really only for sleeping! There is too much to do with the beach, surf, yoga, and drinking margaritas in the restaurant or tiki hut! The verandas outside each room are lovely. Sit in the hammock and swing. Plonk and have coffee in the morning. It's really nice. Nancy, my new yoga inspiration (also an owner) is amazing. It's worth going there if only for the yoga. I'm madly in love with her now :O) Let's see. I must balance with something for them to improve upon. haha! Well, a couple very minor things, (which would never deter me from coming again!) First, I came into my room when the girls were giving it a once over one day and they had put my bed pillows on the top of my luggage while they made the bed. Ewwww! I had brought my own pillow (always do) so it didn't matter, but I wouldn't want to sleep on a pillow that had been atop dirty outsides of a suicase. The only other thing to think about- with the fish choices- I'm not sure what is available down there but tuna and red-snapper were popular the week I was there. Tuna is very high in mercury and snapper is moderate to high also. Additionally, snapper is an overfished fish and is considered very non-eco-friendly. That is generally speaking but maybe it's different in C.R. Just something to think about considering everything else is so clean and eco-friendly! That's it! I had a great time, I might bring back my husband (and leave him there) I loved everyone who worked there, especially my buddy Johan. Susan is the most awesome mama-bear ever and Nancy is a yoga goddess whom I adore. Oh!!! Sofia the massage therapist is to die for. 4 foot nothing with hands of steel! AMAZING!
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.