“What a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Akron, Ohio
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My boyfriend told me I must come with him to the Mal Pais area of Costa Rica and I will say the trip here was a little different. The main road is unimpressive and I thought to myself where is he taking me? We pulled into Pranamar Resort and I could not believe how beautiful, peaceful, and secluded it was. Everything was great, breakfast is included and it was amazing. There is a great vibe here. We met people on the beach a couple of miles down the next day and asked them where they went to dinner and what they would recommend. They said Pranamar and they were right. Everything I experienced here was special, the Villa, the Beach, the Grounds, the people everything, We met people from other resorts and they came to visit us at Pranamar and they wished they had stayed here. This is a special place.

Room Tip: May be a little more expensive but worth every penny.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guests,
WOW , thank you for this loving and warm evaluation. I have said it so many times, but there is nothing that makes all of us at Pranamar happier than to hear from a guest who loved our place and took the time to write about us!
We are fortunate to attract loving people who appreciate their environment and who share and celebrate with our staff. Our joy is when we are having fun with the guests!
Thank you so much, really, thank you for this beautiful letter.
Warmly
Susan Money, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Heaven on Earth! The area is is amazing to begin with the hotel is the icing on the cake. The Beach is peaceful and secluded. The grounds are meticulously maintained. The restaurant is definitely one of the best in the area. The rooms are like a small two story house. The staff is so friendly. The Yoga is the awesome and the Instructor Nancy is well known. I am not a surfer but the other guest said it was great. Worth the price for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orebro, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a place!! I loved every second staying there. The place has charm and atmosphere, the waves outside super for all kinds of surfin. The service is superb and yet so friendly. I haven´t felt so relaxed in years. The restaurant is cool and nearby you have Kojiis, best Sushi in america? If visiting southern Nicoya penninsula be sure to stay here-you won´t regret it, I promise.

Room Tip: If you are 5-8 persons the Kula house is super!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
newalbum, co-owner/yoga teacher at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting us and taking the time to write such a sweet review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Pranamar and were able to fully relax! We hope you'll come back with family and friends soon...the Kula House awaits!! Pura Vida from paradise
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at Pranamar for a good friends wedding this past weekend. Im writing to specifically talk about surfing lessons, because that was the absolute best part of my experience. Ismael Araya took me out first with a group lesson with the wedding party, and I had so much fun that we surfed the next two days as well. I've done a bit of surfing before, but he was both gracious and extremely helpful in getting me to connect the dots and get up on the board and catching waves really quickly. He balanced giving me new information in manageable amounts and also building my confidence really well, and it was an all around amazing experience. Having taught sailing and skiing, i know how difficult this can be with beginners and I was impressed with what a great job he did with me. I'm hooked, and would highly recommend him and Pranamar to others.

On top of that, Pranamar did an excellent job hosting my friends wedding. We had a lovely ceremony on the beach, and a fun and relaxing weekend on the property. Its an amazing spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Happy Surfer!!

We agree with you that Ismael is the best surf instructor in the world! He is loved by everyone, and he is successful with everyone ! Besides being a great instructor he is an amazing human being. so thank you for taking the time to write about him and to acknowledge what a wonderful person he is; and we compliment you and the entire wedding group...you were all so gracious, so happy, so full of enthusiasm and down right fun.
Life is a two way street. Happy guests make for happy employees!!
We thank you with all our hearts for taking the time to share your sentiments with other readers.
Hopefully we will get to have lots more experiences with you in the future!
As you so succinctly said PURA VIDA.
Love from all of us at Pranamar
Susan Money (Owner)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We travelled with our four children and spent three nights at Pranamar before heading north. The place has a great vibe and is designed in keeping with the prevelant Costa Rican sustainable world concept. We stayed at the Kula House one night and then Poolside Villas #4 and 5 for the other two nights. We and the kids absolutely loved our stay. It is a great place to start your Costa Rican experience. As soon as you step onto the property, your mindset relaxes. Incredible sunset views, excellent (and pretty serious) yoga, fantastic food, service and people. Well done!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Family,
Thank you so much for writing. It seems you were moved about quite a bit, so you got a good overview of our different lodgings! I'm delighted the kids had a good time too...I think Costa Rica is so wonderful for families, but the most important thing in life is the relationships we form and the way we interact with people. I know that everyone at Pranamar so enjoyed having you, and of course, I'm happy to hear you had a great stay as well. Friendship and sharing is what it is all about.
I look foward to lots more visits with yo. We have even had guests from my first hotel whose children were kids when i first met them and now we are hosting their weddings! Now that's fun.
Have a wonderful year and Thank you again for writing
Warmly,
Susan Money, Owner
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Pranamar is the most amazing romantic place for yogi and non-yogis. If you want a quiet vacation at paradise in the middle of the jungle on the prettiest beach this is the place for you. We went surfing (Del Soul Surfing was fantastic) and had the most amazing yoga classes. The people that worked there made our experience fantastic (Anna and the bar tenders were great!) The chef accommodated my dietary needs and even taught me a thing or two about his recipes. The food was a little more expensive than we had planned (service charges were sort of included) but we don't regret eating every meal there. The breakfast was free but you can't substitute a smoothie for a breakfast and things like avocados are extra. Overall amazing experience. Its off the beaten path a hard to get to but so worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Happy Guests,
Once again, once again I am OVERWHELMED by your kind words, honesty and enthusiasm for Pranamar and all the beautiful people that work with me. Thank you for taking the time to write Trip Advisor and for all the love you shared with us while you were here.
I sure hope we will see you again and spend more time with you two wonderful folks.
May you have a wonderful holiday and healthy New Year!
Much love,
Susan (Owner)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at Pranamar in a poolside villa, the first four days on my own and then sharing with a friend (that I made at yoga in Pranamar) for another week. I have just one word to describe this amazing place...WOW.
The venue is even BETTER than the beautiful images you see on the website. The staff are incredible, friendly, and provide outstanding service to all their guests. The yoga is of a very high standard, the teachers are some of the best I've had and you can choose from a diverse mix of classes on offer each day. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to discover this place - I'll remember it as one of my best holiday experiences ever.

Pranamar is perfectly sized so that you get to know other guests as well, yet there is room to relax and have space if you choose. I was looked after so well by Karla, Alvaro, Joan and Ana in the restaurant, Tarlo at the Tiki Bar, Diogenes and Dago at reception, Gaston the great masseuse and the incredible surf teachers Ismael and Gonzalo from Del Mar Surf Camp - these guys will get you up and surfing in no time!

Pranamar...what a place! Lucky me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
newalbum, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Kate,

We are so thrilled that you discovered us and had such an amazing time at Pranamar. There is nothing that makes us happier than learning we have exceeded our guests expectations and allowed them to have an incredible vacation. Our guests experience is extremely important to us and all of our staff works genuinely hard to make each person's vacation PERFECT. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon. Happy Happy New Year from us to YOU!
Pranamar

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!