“An incredible slice of paradise.” 5 of 5 stars

Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa 154, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Melbourne, Australia
“An incredible slice of paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at Pranamar in a poolside villa, the first four days on my own and then sharing with a friend (that I made at yoga in Pranamar) for another week. I have just one word to describe this amazing place...WOW.
The venue is even BETTER than the beautiful images you see on the website. The staff are incredible, friendly, and provide outstanding service to all their guests. The yoga is of a very high standard, the teachers are some of the best I've had and you can choose from a diverse mix of classes on offer each day. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to discover this place - I'll remember it as one of my best holiday experiences ever.

Pranamar is perfectly sized so that you get to know other guests as well, yet there is room to relax and have space if you choose. I was looked after so well by Karla, Alvaro, Joan and Ana in the restaurant, Tarlo at the Tiki Bar, Diogenes and Dago at reception, Gaston the great masseuse and the incredible surf teachers Ismael and Gonzalo from Del Mar Surf Camp - these guys will get you up and surfing in no time!

Pranamar...what a place! Lucky me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
newalbum, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Kate,

We are so thrilled that you discovered us and had such an amazing time at Pranamar. There is nothing that makes us happier than learning we have exceeded our guests expectations and allowed them to have an incredible vacation. Our guests experience is extremely important to us and all of our staff works genuinely hard to make each person's vacation PERFECT. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon. Happy Happy New Year from us to YOU!
Pranamar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
venice, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Every hotel should learn from this staff. What a warm crew of caring people can bring to a beautiful setting. The design is gorgeous, but without this staff I don't think it would of been as special as it was. My friend and I stayed in the Kula House which had the most gorgeous decks giving us each a separate, yet shared house experience. We were there for 3 nights and then added one more because we were enjoying the environment, the house, and the whole vibe of the place. Unfortunately we could not swim in the beach right on the property (rocks) so that was our one disappointment. I still feel this place is one of a kind for all these reasons but most of all how everyone, including the owner had such an enjoyable passion to be there. If I had a month, this is where I'd want to be. The food was outstanding as I often said "wow" with each new dish I tried. Special people, special place and the huge bonus of fantastic yoga. I am an LA yoga snob so I can say that. The strip of Santa Teresa was a multi satisfying experience as this town had fun places nearby when we wanted that. What a special oasis Pranamar is; I will never forget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Friends!
WOW.....this email is like the BEST Christmas present in the world!
Here is what I am learning at this tender age of 64 years...that the love we give out is directly proportional to the love and gratitude we receive! Thank you for the kind words, thank you for acknowledging the amazing people that work for me at Pranamar..and thank you for taking the time to write.
Honestly, it is people like you that make me want to stay in the hotel business til the day BEFORE I die!
Happy Holidays...our hearts are waiting for your return love, Susan Money, Owner and the whole Clan
Fair Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I don't even know where to start!! First of all, the grounds are STUNNING!!! the Villas are awesome, made of beautiful local woods. The outdoor shower was a fun experience! You have an amazing pool pretty much connected to your back patio. The food was DELICIOUS! Hand written menu each night, so you are constantly getting to taste new/fresh/amazing foods. Licked our plates clean after EVERY meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!! Went to another restaurant that had a great view..... SO DISAPPOINTING! Wish we stayed at Pranamar to eat!!! The chefs are spectacular. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Had the pleasure of meeting with the owner, Sue during breakfast. What a treat!! the beach is gorgeous, the sunsets were even better. Had our first couples massage. Super relaxing. I regretted going anywhere else. In all honesty, I think that I will be staying here the entire time next time i get the opportunity to visit!!!! I recommend this to ANYONE who enjoys a gorgeous view, fun staff, great food and a relaxing vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Villa 3 had a great view, awesome pool... but close to yoga hut, so you felt like you have to be a l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
newalbum, yoga director/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thanks friends for your wonderful review! We are so happy you loved our place and are even thinking of coming back on your next vacation in Costa Rica. We look forward to seeing you again and making your stay as good as possible. Happy Holidays and New Year!!
Pura Vida,
Nancy
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at a beach-front bungalow for three nights on our honeymoon, and loved every minute of it. The location is perfect - right on the beach, a couple feet away from Playa Hermosa and near tide pools that are great for snorkeling. The food is impeccable, and a great value. It's fresh and healthy, and they have an amazing menu of fresh juices.Their cocktails are just as good!
The yoga classes are top notch and offer a variety of levels and styles. Rent some ATVs while you're there and check out Santa Teresa - its such a fun way to see the town.
What really makes Pranamar stand out is their staff. They are warm, friendly, attentive, and make each guest feel like they're the only ones staying there.
To Johan, Alvaro, Esteban, Diogenes, Starling -- thanks for everything. We're putting together a care package to send you! --pura vida

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
newalbum, Yoga director/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Happy Honeymooners,
So glad you had a wonderful vacation and congratulations again on your marriage! We loved helping to make your time in Costa Rica special and hope that you will come back for more great food, yoga and surf. Stay in touch and come back to stay with us soon.
Many blessings,
Nancy Goodfellow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Wow where do I begin, I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. I was a little apprehensive about going to a yoga retreat for our honeymoon seeing as though neither my husband or I do yoga, but I fell in love with the pictures online! When we got there we immediately fell in love with the place. The food was beyond amazing and a reasonable price. My husband is a very much a meat and potatoes guy and he loved the food so much he ventured out of his usual comfort zone which I could never get him to do at home. The staff was the best! From Dego in reception to Ann and Johan(the best bartender ever) in the restaurant. The chefs where great they came and chatted at dinner and where just great guys! Besides making a new dinner menue every night based on the freshest ingredients that day. Susan the own even came over in the morning to chat. The pictures don't do it justice! I wish we would have spent our entire trip here and not made our way over to la fortuna, it was a complete let down after leaving Pranamar. They truely are a pranamar family and make the guests feel the same way.

Love always,
Maryrose and Derek

P.s. stay in villa 3, and check out the Bakery down town if you want to venture out for lunch. Must rent atvs and drive to montezuma!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello Friends
WOW, WOW, you sure know how to make us happy! Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I owe any and all success to the amazing staff (family) that runs Pranamar. But what makes me so happy is that you appreciated all of them the same way i do!! Honestly, nothing, absolutely nothing an make a hotel owner happier than to know his/her guests have left not just satisfied, but JOYFUL!
I have a big smile on my face, and my heart is thumping because you took the time to write and you were so enthusiastic.
Wouldn't it be fun to catch up with you again in the future?? It would be an HONOR to see you return..
Much love and Happy Holidays
Susan Money, Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We wish we had stayed longer! This is a boutique-ish hotel. The yoga area is amazing, teachers are better than any I have had in the states. The entire layout of the hotel is well integrated into the land. The staff is amazing, friendly, well spoken and just plain cool. I would stay here if you are looking to get away to a quiet and peaceful Costa Rica. The beach is not swimable but a short 3-5 min walk on the beach is Plays Hermosa which is THE spot for surfing and swimming. For the price you get so much! We stayed in an ocean front villa which really is a 2 bedroom house! Breakfast (full menu ie French toast banana pancakes, omlets, breakfast burrito etc) and yoga included!!
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2012
newalbum, yoga teacher/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear friends, we thank you for taking the time to send in such a positive review and we couldn't be happier that your stay with us was so enjoyable. I'm especially pleased that you enjoyed our great yoga classes, as I worked hard to find the best teachers for our ocean front studio. We truly love what we do and feel so blessed to be able to come each day to such beauty and share our passions for life with our guests. Hope you'll come back again, whether you decide to come for a yoga retreat or just a relaxing week of surf, great food and beautiful weather! Thanks again,
Nancy Goodfellow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

After a grueling three day mountain bike race across the country, my wife and I decompressed and recovered for three days enjoying an amazing yoga instructor in an open air studio with views and sounds from the ocean. The surfing is some of the best in the world, and the food and service was amazing. Be sure to give the manager Mario a high five for doing great in the same race - La Ruta de Los conquistadores! Can't wait to go back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Congratulations again for your amazing accomplishment in the race! It was so great that you guys choose to unwind and rejuvenate with us at Pranamar. So glad you enjoyed the yoga classes...it was a pleasure to help you relax and stretch out after such a physical challenge! Hope you both will return soon to stay with us at Pranamar Villas. Be well and many safe cycling journeys!

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!