I stayed at Pranamar Villas via the Vajra Sol Yoga Retreat, and felt the Villas deserved their own review. To keep it short:
Location: As close as possible to the beach, walking distance from surfing, tide pools, and monkeys. Some of the best sunsets you can see. Not exactly the easiest place to get to, however it is worth it once you are there.
Amenities: yes. Just kidding. They have everything a hotel normally has as far as I know. PLUS they have surf boards for rent, a yoga studio, and the people at the front desk are all really great at organizing whatever it is you want to do (surf lesson, stand up paddle lesson, ATV, hiking, zip lining, etc).
Restaurant: The food is fantastic, but let's talk about the smoothies! If you go, definitely drink lots of smoothies because they are perfect. After a week, I know at least half of the restaurant staff by name and visa versa. There were a lot of extreme food restrictions amongst our group and it only took a day or two before they would automatically make sure we were all getting what we needed (vegan gluten free soy allergy? no problem). Normally I am not much of a barfly, but I actually spent a lot of time hanging out at the bar chatting with whomever was around. Every single person was warm and friendly.
Random Extra Awesome Thing: I did not need to carry cash or an ID with me all week. They remained in the safe (yes, safety deposit box provided) unless I left the Villas. Everything gets charged to your room including taxis and you get an itemized bill at the end of the week. This was pretty awesome.
Final Comment: I arrived on a solo vacation, and left with a lot of friends. Not only those who were part of the Vajra Sol retreat, but the hotel staff, surf instructors, honeymooners, etc. that I met along the way. I really think that the type of person who finds a surf/yoga vacation appealing will find themselves surrounded by like minded people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa