“Still amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Still amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This was our second visit to Pranamar (first last October). Still an amazing place with great food. Would recommend getting an oceanfront bungalow or villa if possible. Just amazing to hear the waves crashing. Thanks again to Susan and her great staff! You must have Vinizio mix you up a cocktail at the bar! It is a plus to have a great breakfast included in the price.

Room Tip: oceanfront cannot be beat. if you are social getting a poolside villa is fun.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
THANK you guys so much for the beautiful energy you bring to Pranamar! The joy of owning a hotel is creating great experiences for people.....and that is absolutely magnified when folks like you come in with a smile, a hug and your appreciation!! Our hearts are waiting for your return.....we miss you already!
susan

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Oceanfront bungalow for 10 days and at the end of our trip, we wished we could have stayed longer! Not only are the grounds/hotel beautiful and so close to some of the best breaks on this side of the coast, but the people who work here really make it special. To everyone: Susan, Nancy, Andres, Johan, Veronica, Albero, Michelle, Omara, Venezio, Mario, Dago, etc. (the list of names could really go on and on haha), thank you for truly making Stefan and I's trip exceptional. We definitely can not wait to come back and bring our families with us next year..... A couple of tips for people -- Definitely take yoga classes with Nancy and Andy, they are both incredible teachers. Definitely take surfing lessons from Ish (Ishmael), he's really an amazing instructor and gets right there in the wave with you, helping you overcome your fears and catch that amazing first wave. I've taken a lot of lessons from a lot of different instructors all over the world and he is by far the best. GO TO THE RESTAURANT EVERY NIGHT! The Pranamar villas restaurant is AMAZING, I can not tell you. Being a true foodie in the LA area, I really search and love to try amazing food at new restaurants as well as cook a lot myself. The food at the restaurants blew us away everynight. From the Seafood coconut soup to the Peanut crusted tuna with udon noodles to Chico's year's old Calamari soup recipe from Italy, we truly were incredibly impressed with the chefs here (Rodrigo from Argentina, Chicho from Italy and Jesus from Venezula). We ate here almost every night and the one night that we didn't, I regretted that we didn't. Susans desserts are wonderful as well -- her peanut butter truffles are a must try. Anyways, I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is but I'm sure that you get the point by now. We will definitely be returning and can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Definitely have to go with the oceanfront bungalows/villas.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had so much fun in May 2011 that I had to come back November 2011. I can honestly say again, Pranamar is such a lovely place that it is hard to leave. The owners care about you and your experience. The food is excellent. The staff - ALL of them - are extremely helpful and kind. We had lots of rain and oddly, I was ok with it as there was so much to do and so many other people to socialize with, that I did not mind. I miss my morning smoothies already!! Nancy Goodfellow is a wonderful caring soul and I just love her Yoga classes. I surfed everyday (Costa Rica Surf & SUP) with Bennison and Al Lopez and they are such talented teachers. I feel so happy with my time there that I am already planning to visit again. Thanks to all of the Pranamar staff/family, Women's Quest and the surf instructors.

Room Tip: I was in the top room of Villa 6 and it was perfect. A nice large bed and the beautiful sounds of na...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
pranamar, yoga teacher/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
And we are so glad that you came back!! We love getting to know our guests and by the end of the vacation it feels like we are all family. Women's Quest does such a great job and we truly have the most amazing team!! See you next year! Om, Nancy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This place is truly paradise. I stayed in Villa 6 and very happy with the room. The garden shower is a very unique experience. The pool area is so beautiful and relaxing. The staff and the food were absolutely amazing! I really can't do Pranamar justice with a wordy review. You have to experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: Villa 6 is a great location if you want to be near the main buildings; situated around pool & be...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just returned from a week in Villa 5 and I am already planning to go back! The staff (The Pranamar Family) is top notch.....Benicio the bartender, Monica and Michelle the servers, Susan and Greg the owners, and Nancy the Yoga instructor couldn't be any more pleasant and friendly. Just truly lovely people!!! The property is very well maintained and sits right on a beautiful stretch of beach. Playa Hermosa is just a short walk down the beach where I learned to surf with Bennison Lopez of Costa Rica Surf & Sup. She is a gem as well! Be sure to look her and her wonderful husband, Al, up when you are in town. The food is spectacular and very healthy! Can't say enough great things about Pranamar:)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Pranamar

My first impression was “what kind of Yoga village is this ??”
My last impression was “I never want to leave”

The Room - The environment they created is one that puts you back in touch with nature. We stayed in an ocean front villa (number one). The villa was perfect size for two and the glass walls at the front of the villa allowed ocean viewing all the time, really nice. I really liked the proximity to the ocean, we slept to the sound of breaking waves. Sorry, normally I am not overly romantic but this place changes all that. The villas are made of beautiful wood with palm thatched roofs, which is really impressive and authentic.

Food – Brownies were great !! (inside joke) Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10 the food was a serious 10. I live in Washington DC and my “better half” is originally from the Cz. Rep. so we live 50% in DC and 50% in Prague, so we eat out a lot. So when I write 10, I mean 10. The servers at dinner were helpful and kind, it is a small village / “holistic comfort” atmosphere thing going on, it was nice to be a part of it.

Service – When we asked for something it happened quickly, but no one was there lingering around and bothering you, it was really great like that, we were mostly alone without a hotel employee within sight. I asked for surfing lessons and in a few minutes a 19 year old kid was waiting for me with a surf board in hand and we had a great time, he was an excellent teacher.

Yoga - We could only stay for two nights, so no Yoga, but we did walk by the Yoga class and it was really impressive. The Yoga “pavilion” the classes are held in is beautiful timber wood design and really nice.

Steve&Susi

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and felt taken care of! Hope to see you both again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife loved this resort. We stayed in the villas on the beach, were able to do yoga in the morning, surf throughout the day, explore the area, and rest. The resort was expensive, but worth it for our honeymoon.
We had stayed further south in Mal Pais for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon and here for the last 3 nights. It was nice to not have to travel too far once we got to our destination, but also good to have some variety. We rented a 4x4 car so that we were able to go up and down from the towns and different beaches, which gave us some freedom.
My wife can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The villa on the beach was very large and had its own kitchen. There was room to sleep a family, but...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Congratulations again on your wedding! It was such an honor to have your stay with us for your honeymoon and we are so glad you enjoyed your villa and time with us at Pranamar. Our ocean front villas are truly spectacular and we are proud that we have never had a problem with security. We are also one of the few hotels in Costa Rica with an independent water treatment system that saves thousands of gallons of water a year. We apologize for any inconvenience with the toilet...occasionally those problems are inevitable, but luckily it is rarely an issue. Thanks again for everything! Hope you and your wife will visit us again soon.

Been to Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!