“My Experience with Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas (Costa Rica)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas
You added Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas to your Saves list
150 Meters North of Super la Hacienda in Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
High Season Special Offer
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Los Angeles, California
“My Experience with Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas (Costa Rica)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Best trip of my life!!! My girlfriend and I came here as a graduation present for ourself, and we couldn't have imagined a better time. A friend of ours recommended we take this trip and stay with Andy. He was the best!! He was an incredible host, friendly, arranged our activities all week, and made us feel at home. This trip is a 100% must, and there is nobody else you should stay with but Andy.

A few tips:
1.) When you fly into San Jose, take the cheap flight into Tambor using Sansa.
2.) Also, renting a ATV for your whole trip there is a MUST.

Activities my girlfriend and I did and loved:
1.) Zip lining in Montezuma
2.) Horse back riding
3.) ATVing
4.) Surfing
5.) There is a great tattoo artist there on the main road

Trip of a lifetime and I will definitely come back. Thank you Andy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at Surf Vista villas and wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Santa Teresa ( 1st time we extended from 4 to 8 weeks). We were there for 3 weeks and again hated having to leave. You are close to the beach and everything else down on the main road, but it's so good to drive up the hill to the peace and quiet of our villa nestled in the trees with amazing views out over the ocean.

The villas have everything you need and the staff are so friendly and happy - Juan can fix anything, so things all work great.

Only problem is that Sydney is too far away from this place!! If closer we'd come a couple of times a year for sure.

Thanks again Andy for having us.
Pura Vida!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband & I stayed at Andy's place for 10 days for our honeymoon - it was perfect! Before we got there I was a bit concerned about privacy since it was our honeymoon but once we arrived all the worries went away once we saw our room (Sunset Reef room on the top floor) with the privacy bamboo wall that separated our balcony area from the shared area & the private hammock, table/chairs, lounge chair, bench & eating bar... overlooking the beautiful trees & greenery teeming with parrots & parakeets, magpie-jays, woodpeckers, hummingbirds, vultures, howler monkeys, iguanas, etc etc.... With views of the ocean swells in the (not too far) distance!
We had a private kitchen in our room which has pretty much everything you could need to live there. If for some reason you feel the need to make a gourmet meal there's also a communal kitchen on the upper level & a BBQ grill!
The villa is very clean & peaceful. There is an awesome waterfall shower outside to use after a day of sweet surfing... which is easy to do since Andy has any surfboard you could dream up ready for use/rental. Also available is are ATV's which we made use of a few of the days that we were there.
If I were to plan the trip again the ONLY thing I would do differently is rent an ATV (or car) for the stay. Like everyone says... the hill is EPIC. Like, long & steep & yes.. a GREAT workout, which is why we didn't mind because we figured walking home was working off all food & alcohol we were consuming, BUT it is a trek. We are very active people & "in shape" so it was fine but you have been warned! HOWEVER, the hill is what makes this place so great! It's in the jungle but it's only a 8 minute walk to the beach (downhill) & it's quiet! Aside from the nature noises, which aren't noise but sweet music to the ear! It's not close to the street or city noise so it's totally worth it. Just get a vehicle or do a 250 squat challenge (which I did) to prepare. :)
Another great perk was having AC in the room. In general we like the heat but some nights were very humid & it was great to just be able to push a button & be cooled down.
ALSO! Bring 3 times as much deet/repellant as you think you'll need - everywhere we went I felt like I need to put more on. Especially in the evening when you want to lounge in the hammock or sit at the bar & stare at the ocean, them mosquitos are quick!
We ate at Soda Tiquicia ALOT which is walking distance from the villa - they have the best Arroz con Pollo EVER & amazing Civiche with fried green bananas... you must get it.
It was very easy to book the reservation at Surf Vista Villas, rent ATV's & surfboards & any tours or taxi service or whatever was easily taken care of by Andy.
The downside to staying here is the depression you have to deal with when you're booking your taxi home.

Room Tip: Sunset Reef was the best for privacy!
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the villas for our honeymoon and we couldn't have picked a better place. The setting and location were amazing, set up on a bluff in the forest overlooking Santa Teresa beach. We spent the week beach hopping, which worked out so well as there were numerous beaches within a 20 minute drive. We concur with a lot of the other reviewers, get a car or quad for the climb up the hill and getting around town. We did end up walking up the hill every night, but we put up a sweat. This place is good for couples, family, or friends and we have already recommended it to others. Andy was a great host as he met us after dark on our first night and was full of recommendation for local restaurants and beaches.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I straggled in at around 9pm without a reservation, but was recommended to us by the place we had stayed at in Lake Arenal. We had tried to call earlier on in the day and no one had picked up so we chanced it and decided to try our luck.

At first, it was daunting driving up the steep hill at night, not knowing whether Surf Vista Villas existed or not. It isn't paved and there are no lights. We arrived and there wasn't anyone there, so we made our way up to the top floor of Andy's house. He was having a small get together, but stepped out to show us a room that he had available on short notice. We stayed in the "birdcage" for the first two nights, but the last two, we had stayed on the main floor in the furthest room of the house.

The views and sunsets are absolutely spectacular. We woke up every morning to birds singing and the sounds of waves crashing. There are hammocks galore and it's a great place to relax! Andy keeps the villa in great shape - it is very clean, spacious and comfortable. He also let us use the laundry facilities as well as rent surfboards.

I would absolutely stay at this place again in a heartbeat. His two dogs, Hamoa and Dexter, are the sweetest pups! The only thing I would suggest is that if you do come to Surf Vista Villas, make sure you have a car to get up the hill because its a bit difficult to get back down to the main road otherwise!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the far end of the house!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
305shorty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My 4 girl friends and I decided to do a girls trip to Costa Rica and could not have been happier with Andy's place. Although the drive to St. Teresa was a little tricky in the rainy season, the villa was worth the drive! It was in close proximity to everywhere we wanted to go while still being removed from the noises of the town so that we could really immerse ourselves in nature. We woke up every morning to awesome views of the beach and the jungle and got to enjoy these views on the many hammocks available to us. I would love to go back there one day!

Room Tip: There are multiple rooms available and the website shows pics of all of them, make sure you find out...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Surf Villa Vista and we had a wonderful time. The house is located on a hill with a beautiful view of the ocean and amazing sunset. The property is clean, spacious and very well maintained.

Andy the host was very helpful and gave us good suggestion on restaurants and assisted us on all our inquiries.

I would definitely stay at the Surf Villa if I again visit Santa Teresa. Pura Vida "pure life "

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas? Share your experiences!