“Amzing place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Makanas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Makanas
Ranked #8 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
New Haven, Connecticut
“Amzing place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I wanted to go some place warm and stayed as close to the ocean as possible.
Makanas turned out to be exactly what I needed. It has a great location of being right next to the beach and also a few minutes drive to the supermarket, great restaurants,
The best thing that it was located a little bit out of the Santa Teresa's center and less people and less noicse and yet still close to everything.

All cabinas on the property which are in the middle of trees and nature. It was really neat to see iguanas, birds, and monkeys.
The cabin itself was very clean with air conditioning, huge hot shower, mini refrigerator and a safe. The beds are very comfortable.
The manager Aaron and his wife are very friendly and locals from Santa Teresa and an absolutly great source of where to go, eat, shop, and what to see.
They live on the property with 2 dogs and ktten who are adorable and and very friendly. I highly recommend going on a fishing trip with Aaron. Also you can fish directly form the beach.
Speaking of Aaron's cooking, he can make some great (taste and size) pancakes and waffles for breakfast!

After staying for 3 nights I was never at a loss of things to do around Makanas.

Staying in Makanas is like having your own private beach.
Sunsets and morning walks from Makanas is absolutly unforgettable.
I definetly will come again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same. You can choose any.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our days at Makanas. We will definitely be back. Perfect location with amazing beaches within footsteps. Monkeys and lizards all around. Aaron can make a wicked waffle. Aaron is a terrific guide. He knows the area like the back of his hand.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Desperate for a break from the bitter cold of NYC, I booked a week long stay at Makanas per a friend's suggestion. Makanas turned out to be exactly what I needed. It has a great location of being right next to the beach and also a few minutes drive to the supermarkets, awesome restaurants, and hermosa beach where you can learn to surf! I loved that it was located a little bit out of the 'downtown' Santa Teresa where there are less people and yet still close to everything.

There are three cabinas on the property which are nestled in the middle of trees and nature. It was really neat to see a ton of iguanas, birds, and monkeys while just relaxing in a hammock on the porch. The cabin itself was immaculately clean with air conditioning, huge hot shower, mini refrigerator and a safe. The bed was very comfortable with comfy pillows and light blankets.

The manager Aaron is a local from Santa Teresa and an invaluable source of where to go, eat, shop, and what to see. He lives on the property with his wife and 2 dogs who are adorable and and very friendly. I highly recommend going on a fishing trip with Aaron. With his guidance we got to catch our own tuna and other fish and then get them cleaned to take back with us. You can then take the fish to be cooked at a local restaurant or if you are lucky Aaron will cook them up at the Makanas restaurant. Speaking of Aaron's cooking, he can also make some mean pancakes and waffles for breakfast!

After staying for 7 nights I was never at a loss of things to do around Makanas. One of the best perks is that is right next door to one of the best yoga in town (Florblanca) so you can catch a class just by walking over next door.

One of my best memories from vacation is to just be able to walk out to one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to and feel like we are on our own private beach. Watching the sunsets and taking morning walks from Makanas is unforgettable.

I highly recommend Makanas and Santa Teresa to anyone!

Room Tip: Each cabin is similar in size, but has a different bed set up to accommodate more people
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at Makanas for a week and had trouble leaving. The rooms are clean, and air conditioned, and the porches all had hammocks that were great to relax in after a day on the beach. A hop, skip, and a jump from some of the most amazing beach I've ever been to, Makanas provides unparalleled value. I would definitely recommend Makanas to anyone who is considering traveling to beautiful Santa Teresa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I spent 2 weeks at Makans. It was hard to say good bye!!. The food was amazing. LOVED the whole pig roast they had. I give a big Kudos to Aaron Atkey. He took me on a fishing trip I will never forget. We saw some beautiful sites and helped me snag my first Rooster fish along with some great laughs. I will never forget the great staff and management for making me feel welcome. I highly recommed this and am already saving for my next trip. MAKANAS ROCKS!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The couple who manage Makanas are very friendly and accommodating. They arranged the return of one rental car (at a great savings), the acquisition of another, the rental of an ATV, personally guided some great fishing trips, arranged beautiful flowers for my wife's arrival, and made us feel part of the local community. The chef makes amazing breakfast and lunch. Wish I had some of the fresh ceviche right now. Didn't have to go far to see monkeys, could watch them from the front steps of our cabina. Took the short walk to the beach every night for sunset.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at Makanas one morning. The breakfast burrito was delicious...I would highly recommend. They were making fresh fruit smoothies as well which looked amazing.

We didn't stay at the hotel but we did ask to see a room for a future lodging possibility. It was decorated quite nicely, clean, spacious, and had AC, which is a plus. The bathroom was large. We also took a short walk down to the beach which had a serene and private feeling. I would definitely stay at Makanas next time we are in town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Makanas? Share your experiences!