“Beautiful rooms right by beach” 5 of 5 stars

Atrapasuenos Dreamcatcher Hotel Boutique
Santa Teresa de Malpais | Cobano, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #22 of 31 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Port Jefferson, New York
“Beautiful rooms right by beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Atrapasuenos (Dreamcatcher) in February 2015 for a friend's wedding (next door). It was perfect for what we needed: clean rooms with working AC and nice bathroom to retreat back to at the end of the night. The room was large and clean, and the cleaning service was very good about sweeping up sand that inevitably got tracked into the room. The wifi and TV worked well, and the bathroom was nice, especially the handmade soaps. The pool was also inviting, though we spent most of our time at the beach, which was just a few yards down the road outside the back of the hotel, a really short walk. Next door was the Banana Beach, a bar/grill right on the beach that made really good frozen cocktails and decent food. You could easily walk to various restaurants in town, a 5-10 min walk down the road (recommend the Bakery) or along the beach (also recommend Habanero). As a bonus there were some adorable kittens that hung out right outside our porch. I would definitely recommend this spot. Breakfast was offered, although we never tried it, but the use of the kitchen to guests was very cool. There is a market across the street so you could bring back food and cook for yourself if you wanted to save a little money.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel is really nice, the room is huge, the bed is really good and big, and the bathroom is also really good.

It is located just a few meters from the beach, in a really good spot for surfing.

The hotel has a pool that is really great for chilling after the beach or surfing.

The only problem that I had, is that I booked my room from booking.com, and I got the confirmation e-mail, but when I checked in the staff said they did not have the booking confirmation. Luckely they sill have a room, but it was a little bit expensive then the one I've booked.

But still a very good place to stay. I would go back again for sure!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

very nice quite and clean , a step from the beach and a step from the super a cross the street
nice and warm kitchen cozy little place who give you exactly what you need for your perfect vacation
will be back again

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The place was really nice we rented the whole place and it was our luck that a few people had to drop out at the last minute. The photos of the rooms are a bit deceiving especially the apartment and bedroom #3. Yes the apartment has 2 bedrooms but no one said to get to the 2nd bedroom you had to go through the master bedroom and up through the loft and it only had a queen bed not a king. But it worked out for the family since there were no privacy issues (that was not the original plan). The big disappointment was that the Jacuzzi was not working. The staff was very friendly. The food could have been better more variety and more of it. All in all we made due and had a great time. They had an awesome grill and "bar" area that became my brother's "man cave" and we had a great BBQ one night. Spa treatments were very good! Lights and water were out for half a day but stuff happens!! I would definitely rent the whole place again....... not sure if I would just rent a room however ans share with strangers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I first stopped in Atrapasueños last week, and I chose to go with the place across the street that was $20 cheaper. What a mistake!!! This is our second time back to Santa Teresa on this trip, and we decided to try this place. After being all over in CR and paying all the way up to $160 a night for a place. I think this is one of the best values we've found. Our room (#1) is big, beautiful, extremely clean, has a hammock on the deck, a hot shower, fridge, tv, king and queen size beds, and that's just our room. Atrapasueños also has a gorgeous pool that is open till 9pm, secure parking, and a big beautiful kitchen for their tenants, that Martha Stewart would be happy with. We arrived here when the sun was going down, but it looks like their outdoor common area has a few hammocks and looks very relaxing. We have decided to end our trip here and stay another 2 nights (3 nights total). The only negative is that breakfast is not included for the price we are paying, but we are ok with that, bc we can cook our own in their kitchen. I recommended this place to my friend who is also coming to stay here this week, so I'd also recommend Atrapasueños to you too.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I was in the area only for one night, and I sure made a good choice when I booked a room here.50 yrds from the beach with a bar and great pool. Clean rooms and a full kitchen to share. Helpful staff and walking distance to stores and eateries. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Thanks dream catchers.

• Stayed May 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had wanted to go to Costa Rica for a long time, and when we finally got the chance we were given the Atrapasuenos hotel as the first place to start our journey. When we arrived, it met our expectations right away! Margot and Carolina were not only amazingly responsive before we arrived (answered all our questions, gave us options, etc.), but when we got there they were equally if not more helpful. They know the area extremely well, and are keen on who to go to regarding food, excursions and even shopping.

The hotel is built for individuals looking to get away, but we secretly went there to verify if it would be a good place for the annual trip that I take with my friends. It most definitely can accommodate a big group of people and, if you have the ability, you should get a clan together to take over the whole place. The rooms are spacious, the hammocks in the balconies and throughout the property soothe you into relaxing at any given time, and the accessibility to the beach is fantastic. It's a lush environment filled with sounds of birds, monkeys, and the day to day relaxed life that is Santa Teresa. I nearly threw my passport away so that I could stay longer....it dug its hooks in me for sure.

I will not only be returning with friends next year, but I will be thinking about how to make this my new home away from home in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Atrapasuenos Dreamcatcher Hotel Boutique? Share your experiences!