“Great place to relax and renew” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat

You added Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat to your Saves list
Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   75 M East Of Brunellas, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Great place to relax and renew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I researched Santa Teresa hotels extensively before committing to a location. And I mean extensively. As a first-time solo traveler to Central America, I wanted to be safe and I wanted easy walking access to restaurants and the beach since I wasn't renting a car.

Nautilus was the best option. Here's why. First, the location. Slightly off the main road, but near the beach and the best surf school in town, Del Soul. It's also within walking distance to restaurants that you can walk to after dark even if you are a woman traveling alone. Just make sure to walk back before 9 p.m. or so. The streets empty out then and the walk back gets a little sketchy. People looking at Pranamar should know it's very far outside the main drag and not within walking distance to restaurants. I was looking at that resort and know I would have been disappointed in the location, although Pranamar is right on the beach, so that is a benefit. I digress.

At Nautilus, the rooms are beautiful, clean, and they have lovely hammocks on the front porches. Also nice sized safes to keep all your cash and passports. There's a delicious, healthy restaurant with great vibes right on the premises, Olam, and above that, is the yoga shala. The yoga retreat is a great deal because it includes breakfast, a smoothie and a massage by a really great masseuse. I've had massages at several world-class, award-winning spas, and this lady was up there as one of the best. The one drawback is that Olam is closed on Saturday and so you don't get breakfast even if you bought the package. The yoga teacher Cierra was probably the best yoga teacher I've ever had. All the teachers really tailor the yoga to the experience level. Some classes were easier and others were harder depending on if there where novices in the room. Each class was perfect and worked my body and mind just the right amount.

The property is gated and feels very safe. Hot water and AC work like a champ. Staff is gracious and friendly. If you're looking to book a taxi for dinner, reception closes at 6:30.

A solid choice. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wuelfrath, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

After travelling through the middle and north of the country, we stayed our last 10 days at the nautilus. It was the perfect spot to calm down and relax at the end of our holiday. The accomodation was very clean and nice. One small problem with the air condition was fixer within very short time.
The team in the kitchen (delicious vegan food!!) and the service staff was very professional and friendy with good recommendations.
A perfect place to just gang around and relax or do some additional acitivities (as we did) like Yoga and Surfing. Both the Yoga teacher and abroad the surf school were very good and professionaly linked to the hotel staff.

We are looking forward to come back!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend have just completed a 10night stay at Nautilus. The hotel itself is beautiful, the grounds,rooms and restaurant are immaculate. The rooms are gorgeous with a very comfortable and very large bed. Each has its own hammock on its porch to relax in the sunshine.
The hotel pool is small but perfect with sun loungers and umbrellas to get some shade in the super hot weather.
The hotels restaurant Olam does the most delicious organic food. Scrummy smoothies,iced coffees and homemade guacamole and hummus just a few of our favourites.
I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the staff have been as welcoming,friendly and helpful as Nautilus, including the owner Adi. They were there to give restaurant reviews,book taxis, arrange ATV hire and so much more throughout our stay.
Yoga upstairs on the outdoor yoga deck was just super
And definitely worth a try.
The hotel is a very short walk
From the main Santa Teresa road and across this road leads to the beach-about a 5min walk from the hotel-and your straight onto the hottest surf spot in Santa Teresa.
Stop looking for other hotels in Santa Teresa and book this one-you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014
Malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I loved our stay at the Nautilus. Owners were on site daily and were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was serene and peaceful. Yoga classes daily. The restaurant made the most wonderful meals and the best smoothies! I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfectly located.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Most reviews talk about how great the hotel was. This is true, the rooms, pool, staff, etc, all fantastic! I usually want more info on other things besides this. Like location to beach, restaurants , should I rent a car & so on. My review is going to focus on Santa Teresa & things outside of the Nautilus. Location is one of the most important decisions when booking a vaca for me & my wife. Nautilus has a really good location. It's a minute walk down to the beach. I did a lot of surfing so this was perfect. I was able to rent a board for the week, keep it at the hotel & could walk down to beach with it. We also were able to walk to restaurants from the hotel. On the days that we wanted to check out resturants that were a little farther we had rented a ATV. Everything you need to rent or book Adi ( owner of the hotel ) helped us with. If you want to eat at your room you could go to market that is also walking distance. The hotel rooms have kitchens with everything you need. Another important thing to do is bring cash. A good amount of resturants didn't except credit cards. I also had to use cash for the surf rental, horse back riding & ATV rental . The rooms have a safe so dont worry. As for the car rental I dont think they even had it. Most people were on ATV's . If you can't ride one they have taxi service that the hotel can set up for you. Santa Teresa is a very laid back town. Dirt roads, surf/ yoga village , relaxing place. Favorite things my wife & I did were surfing, horseback riding & relaxing by the pool with a drink. All in all we had a great stay at the Nautilus hotel. I would highly recommend booking a vacation here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We've stayed here many times and had our families stay here for our wedding. It's one of my favorite hotels ever. There's an amazing vegan / vegetarian restaurant in the hotel and a beautiful yoga studio. The rooms are luxurious and the pool area is enchanting. The owners have become dear friends of our because they treat everyone like family. I recommend all my clients to stay there as well through costarima.com.

Room Tip: There are beautiful one bedrooms or a two bedroom villa to choose from!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here for a week. The facility is amazing, spotlessly clean, and the staff are so friendly. I can't say enough good things bout this place, other than go there, it is worth it. We will be back to Costa Rica and to the Nautilus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!