“Flawless! Two weeks here are why I spend my life working.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat

You added Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat to your Saves list
Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   75 M East Of Brunellas, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Flawless! Two weeks here are why I spend my life working.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I did not want to leave.
Too often after a trip to one location on this giant planet we think "what's next?".
In this case the question was "if we can't stay forever then when can we come back?"
An oasis of beauty and calm in a vibrant beach town where the incredible food and engaging staff blend perfectly with the surf culture and natural wonder of the Nicoya peninsula.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

AMAZING, ADORABLE, GREAT, UNFORGETTABLE all these words can totally describe our stay in Nautilus Boutique Hotel Santa Teresa. Our trip and journey with them began way before we actually got there. I personally wrote like 100 emails to Arik about room bookings and date changing and transfers from airport and what ever other questions were on my mind when we decided to stay at that hotel. I got all the answers to my questions almost immediately, so my first thank you will definitely go to customs support before the travel. They took care of all of it. Transfer from the airport, hotel in Liberia, 5 times booking dates changes etc. With these guys you can always be 100% sure that they will HELP YOU! Before the tip we of course looked at the pictures on the website and read reviews on tripadvisor, but trust me in real life it is and looks like A LOT BETTER, the first thing we said when we walked up to our villa was WOW:) IT was spacious, very clean, had a huge terrace and huge living room. Very nice, perfectly equipped kitchen, washing machine, drying machine etc. With a gorgeous view on the sea, the pool and the garden. As we arrived from the very long and bumpy ride from the Liberia airport we met this extremely sweet woman at the gate of the hotel, who said "Welcome to Nautilus, don't worry about anything, leave your bags just come with me and enjoy your refreshing smoothies:)" So we did. Then we were accompanied to our villa and had a quick tour where is what and how things work:) The day after we got a full review of activities in Santa Teresa, what we should do and what we should not, where to eat, what is fancy and what is not. etc. Our villa was cleaned to the perfection every day, every day we got like 10 new big towels ( we were 4) and every time we needed to book a table or ATV or tour, or anything else lovely owners of these place were always there to help. We have spent 3,5 weeks in Santa Teresa but only 1st week on Nautilus coz they were booked the time after, but all the rest of the time we were coming back there, for advices, help, delicious meals and great yoga classes. This is really one of the rare examples when you feel like home being miles away. Owners of the place are always there for you, they love and believe in what they do, have a huge heart and make you feel welcome all the time. I would strongly recommend staying in this hotel to all my friends, not only cos of the great location and great service, but also coz will like it so mu ch that you would not want to leave.!!!

Room Tip: Both suitable for friends, couple and families. All the villas and rooms are well situated from each...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hotelnautlius, Owner at Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Lilia dear we had a blast meeting you guys , thanks for a great stay short as it was, thanks for your kind and warm words, and the complements ! you gtuys rock !
Sending you much love from the Nautilus !

Do svidanya !
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived to Santa Teressa by myself to take an adventure week brake from NY & from my husband...
I heard fantastic recommendations about Nautilus & was not disappointed at all!!
The owners are the most sweet & friendly ever became immediately like my family,
The Hotel is so beautiful & comfortable, I slept on that bed like a baby..
Every morning I had an organic healthy & delicious breakfast & smoothies
in OLAM - the restaurant in Nautilus.
Then - upstairs for a yoga with fantastic teachers that became my friends as well.
The beach is 5 min.- slow walk..
Came back to NY full of energy, hot looking..., relaxed & glowing.
Looking forward to be back there soon with my husband this time : ) Sigal.

Room Tip: Any room there is Excellent!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hotelnautlius, Owner at Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks Sigal Happy and honored you are calling us your home away from home for you, NYC is Close enough for you to pay us a longer visit , loved it !

Adi
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

When my friend and I arrived at Nautilus for our 6 night stay, we were greeted with complimentary smoothies. We were tired and hungry from our 5.5 hour journey from San Jose, so we sat down and had a meal at the restaurant onsite (Olam). The waited until after we were done eating to show us around.

The one bedroom bungalows are spacious and the air conditioning efficient in the hot and humid weather. We had requested two single beds rather than a king bed prior to our travel, however when we got there we found only one bed. Once we raised this issue, things were quickly rectified. We also requested an extra key and that request was also met. We ended up using the kitchen for some of our breakfasts and snacks.

There are lots of places to eat within walking, taxi/quad distance. And the beach is a short walk down the road. Given the dirt/gravel/rocky roads, expect to get dust on you on during all walks.

Adi is super sweet, calming and helpful. She suggested we check out the tide pool in Malpais and got us a taxi. She booked surfing lessons for us, a massage at Panamar for my friend and made reservations for us at Koji.

There's no reception area at Nautilus, however if you need something during the daytime, you can usually find one of them at Olam.

There's a security guard on site at night and while we were there, they had bars installed over all of the windows. Theft/robberies are an issue in this area.

The yoga studio is over top of the cafe. There were two classes offered everyday, at 9 am and 6 pm. It was often loud during the 9 am class given people were having their breakfast; however by 6pm the cafe is closed, so during that class it was peaceful.

My friend had to use earplugs to sleep in order to cancel out the noise (i.e. insects, monkeys, roosters). I'm used to background noises, so I had no issue with the noise.

I would definitely recommend Nautilus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for a great stay and review, we loved your stay short as it was !
Waing for your next visit !

Pura Vida !
Adi
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel of all times. Adi and Arik make you feel like family from the moment you arrive with warm hugs. The restaurant, Olam and rooms are gorgeous organic chic. The yoga floor is just above the restaurant so you listen to beautiful Om's while you dine on the most delicious organic meals and you hear the ocean while you practice. Peaceful Zen energy glows at Nautilus. Arik carefully helps you plan every day taking care that you don't over spend on silly tours and calls in all reservations and cabs. I miss them both as if they were family.

• Stayed December 2012
Thanks Julie for the warm and kond words we had a great time hope to see you guys soon !
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I escaped to CR for our Honeymoon.... And every part of the trip was amazing.

Nautilus Hotel has great modern bungalows, cute pool, great location and the BEST owners. Eddie helped us plan every part of our week-long trip to Santa Teresa.

I would def reccomend staying here - we can NOT wait to return!

Mandy and Brady

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelnautlius, Owner at Nautilus Boutique Hotel- Wellness Retreat, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks amanda & Brady we emjoted your company much !
Hope your next visit is with an extended members !!!!

Edi
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this place about a year ago... it's now that time of year again and as we search for a new destination I find myself searching for places like Nautilus.

Lets start with our arrival/first impression... we were late. It was raining and Arik (owner/manager) came to greet us in the rain and help us get our luggage inside; he had been waiting. We were exhausted from traveling and upon small talk told Arik all we want is some coca-cola and a bed. He went out (what we later realized) for a good 7 min walk down the street to the local store. He purchased us a 2L of coke and some water since the kitchen was passed closed - upon giving it to us refused our money to pay for it. Good start.

Adi, his wife, is equally helpful and accommodating. She has a tranquil, soft spoken way about her that makes you feel like you've taken a xanax during every conversation. She was able to help us with our day trips and has the local tools to help you plan-- we did not have to get on the phone once--she gave us ideas, we told her which ones we liked, and she made it happen.

Some activities included:
- SURFING!What this town is all about. We got surfing lessons from a top israeli surfer who moved across the world to make a life in santa teresa after falling in love with the waves. He was fantastic! $40 lesson and $5 to rent a board after that for everyday you wish. We were pros by the end of the week.
- ATV rental -- Adi hooked us up with one of the only companys that will come to YOU to rent the 4wheeler, well-priced and honest. From there we were able to
-hike a nearby national park to see families of monkeys, birds, butterflies etc
-visit the waterfalls at montezuma
-explore the little villiages and shops nearby at our own will
The roads are small, and rocky, and scary. BUT take a camera and just drive and you wont regret it! hilltops with wild sheep, local animal rescue centers, gorgeous bodies of water.. etc

There are plenty of little restaurants nearby but there are some places that are a bit nicer that are further than walking distance.. Adi and Arik were able to set us up with a cab for these places and were also able to suggest their favorites. Bit more pricey--but delicious. GO to the sushi place!!

We didn't utilize the restaurant much since my boyfriend is an avid meat eater.. but we did enjoy their smoothies in the AM to get us started-- which were delicious! Having a kitchen was a huge money saver--the local store has plenty of groceries that allowed us to make our own lunches everyday etc. They also have alcohol ;)

The pool was a great place hang out if you're feeling lazy and don't want to take the 5-10min walk to the beach... and yes, we got that lazy sometimes

NEGATIVES:
-Traveling to get here is tough... we flew in, took a long van ride to get to a ferry, took a ferry, took another van to get to Nautilus. It is an alllll day afar.
-Yes, there are spiders, and insects and lizards... and sometimes they get into your little house. You also can't put paper products into your toilet. Welcome to Costa Rica.
-The town is somewhat quiet...but this was also a positive. We are a young couple and could have enjoyed a little more "night life" if offered-- but the relaxing stay ended up being what we needed.

Our only little 'negative' experience came at the end...be aware of the check-out time regardless of your flight/travel plans (I believe it is 12p). This seems like a "der" but for us we ended up being somewhat rushed, though Arik and Adi were kind and accommodating to us and let us hang out in the common area/restaurant as long as needed, I felt slightly uncomfortable.

All in all, STAY HERE!! Whether you use your wonderful owner's resources and go out exploring.. or just sit and enjoy Nautilus' hospitality while being a short walk from the beach.. I'm sure you will enjoy the "Pura Vida" lifestyle as much as we did!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks guys for oyur stay with us, sorry for the missunderstanding upon your check out, as we had a guest coming in.
We normally do not bother with our check out time to be at 14:00 as it happens we had a check in and had make sure the villa is serviced.

Hope you understand !