I ended up staying at Don Jon's for two weeks in July 2012 and it was great. The dorm room was nice, great a/c (you could make it a fridge in there if you want), clean room and clean bathroom that is right there in the room. The owner Jon is really cool but he was only there a few days when I was there so I got to know Ruth better who works there each day. She is awesome. So friendly and thoughful and helpful. There are bikes on site to rent and as mentioned in the title the breakfast is great. The Papas Burrito had perfectly seasoned potatoes, eggs, avocado, cheese, with awesome sauces on the side and fresh fruit. All around good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Don Jon*s has a variety of accomodations, great restaurante, and is conviniently located. Dorm rooms for backpackers, modern apartments with AC for groups, and rustic cabins with private rooms all made from teak wood and very one of a kind. A restaurante serving the freshest fish tacos, burritos, sandwiches and salads all ways, always. Only 100 meters walk to Santa Teresa beach with consistent surf year round and in the center of the village near markets, reataurantes, and soccer plaza. A family run establishment where the service is personalized and with gusto. See you soon! Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Don Jon's Lodge and Restaurante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Don Jon`s Hostel And Restaurante Hotel Santa Teresa
- Don Jon's Lodge And Restaurante Costa Rica/Santa Teresa