“Incredible Place- highlight to the trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Griss Lodge and Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Griss Lodge and Villas
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Grand Cayman
“Incredible Place- highlight to the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from an incredible trip to Costa Rica. We spent 6 days & 5 nights in Santa Teresa at the Griss Lodge and this was truly the best experience and highlight of our vacation. We both work in the hospitality industry and find that Griss Lodge went above and beyond to make our vacation relaxing and memorable. Ricardo and his family that run and operate the hotel are incredible and made us feel like we had been friends for ages. The owner gave my boyfriend and I two surf lessons and I would not have had such a great time or success attempts if it weren't for him. The surf area is a very short walk directly across the street and the water and beach is beautiful! There are great restaurants in walking distance and the property itself is impeccably clean and maintained. We stayed in our own private cabana and loved every minute of it and the beautiful pool on property. If you want the PERFECT place to relax, enjoy nature & incredible company and food then you MUST stay at Griss Lodge. This will most definitely be our last trip to Griss and we are already thinking and planning of our next visit. Thank you again for everything you did! Your place is a hidden gem and one I will never forget!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Griss is a must stay while in sta teresa. It is right across the street from an expansive and uninterrupted beach and walking distance to great restaurants. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. The hotel staff are friendly, making you feel like you are at home. Griss is not a place to miss!

• Stayed July 2013
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a great experience at Griss Lodge! I spent 18 days solo at Griss and I loved it. Selma, Gabri, Simona and Ricci were warm and hospitable. They were always eager to help with anything I needed. I stayed in house 1. It was very much an open-air villa. There is A/C in the bedroom, but one should know that it really is only cool in the bedroom. I am partial to A/C in Costa Rica, and initially I thought this may be a problem for my Nordic blood, but I loved that I could open the windows and doors and really get the Costa Rican experience. The a/c was great for sleeping. The villa was very clean, and there were no bugs at all, which amazed me with such and open-air situation.
The location was perfect for me. As a woman traveling alone, and without a car, I felt safe here. It was great for walking to many of my favorite locations in town, and they are located off of the best beach, in my opinion, in Santa Teresa.
This was my 3rd trip to Santa Teresa, and my first time at Griss. It is my new favorite.
I will return!
Thanks!
Angela H.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've been to Santa Teresa 5 times now or (quinto vez as they kept trying to teach me) I practice my spanish whenever I go there.. This is my favorite place by far. Loved everything about it. As you can see from the pictures its absolutley beautiful! Here are some bonuses we didn't expext, The public bus from Cobana dropped us off right in front of the place. Since I had a map of Santa teresa I could show the bus driver right were I needed to go. The day we left we picked up the Direct Bus to San Jose from nearby the lodge. They had free bikes that we could borrow. We never once needed a taxi. There are 2 grocery stores nearby. We loved the pets, kinda of felt like they belonged to us by the end of the trip. Since this place is small we got to know the other guests. Nice sandy beach with awesome waves. Best of all Gabri set me up with the best surfing instructor Gianni who lives right next door. He gave me an experience I couild only dream of. We stayed there the last week of April. Great price. Worth every penny and more. One more thing, we loved Ricky also but sadly he was taking his family to Italy for a vistit a few days after we arrived. Gracias por a gran vacaciones! Beth

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Griss Lodge is just far enough away from the busy town area to make it quaint and quiet. Close to the beautiful beach and some great restaurants. Selma and Gabriel were gracious hosts, and our room was much more than we imagined.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I´m an avid traveler and spend lot of days out of home for business. I spent 5 days in Santa Teresa two weeks ago for vacations. A friend recommended us to stay at Griss Lodge and Villas and was the best advise we could have. Right across the beach!!!!.
There are 6 wonderful wood houses. We stayed at one on the top floor. It was very spacious, the beds very comfortable and extremely clean although you are living in the middle of nature. There is wifi and a security box at the room. The staff/owners are wonderful, they treat us always like a member of their family, we had good time learning surf like friends and at the same time you have the intimacy you deserve sometimes when you want to rest.
I never surfed in my life and two of the owners from Griss tought us the basics to stand on the board and get some waves, it ROCKS!!!!
Griss has a place in my heart for sure I will return many times in the rest of my life , hopefully sooner than later. You won´t go wrong with GRISS.

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer but at the same time have more light.