“Great Location and Hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Griss Lodge and Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Griss Lodge and Villas
Save Saved
You added Griss Lodge and Villas to your Saves list
Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
“Great Location and Hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Griss Lodge is just far enough away from the busy town area to make it quaint and quiet. Close to the beautiful beach and some great restaurants. Selma and Gabriel were gracious hosts, and our room was much more than we imagined.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I´m an avid traveler and spend lot of days out of home for business. I spent 5 days in Santa Teresa two weeks ago for vacations. A friend recommended us to stay at Griss Lodge and Villas and was the best advise we could have. Right across the beach!!!!.
There are 6 wonderful wood houses. We stayed at one on the top floor. It was very spacious, the beds very comfortable and extremely clean although you are living in the middle of nature. There is wifi and a security box at the room. The staff/owners are wonderful, they treat us always like a member of their family, we had good time learning surf like friends and at the same time you have the intimacy you deserve sometimes when you want to rest.
I never surfed in my life and two of the owners from Griss tought us the basics to stand on the board and get some waves, it ROCKS!!!!
Griss has a place in my heart for sure I will return many times in the rest of my life , hopefully sooner than later. You won´t go wrong with GRISS.

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer but at the same time have more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went at the Griss with a friend in a surf trip. The managers of the hotel are great, friendly, helping and concern for their customers. The villas were clean, spacious and very well located for surfing.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in the main big house. The owners next door we're so welcoming, anything we needed they would help us out. The house was so clean with everything you need, I could live there! It's so close to the beach. Everyone that works there was so friendly. We stayed for a week out of our 2 week trip all over Costa Rica. As we travelled around after staying at Griss we kept wishing we were back there. We will 100% be back at Griss as soon as we can. I have nothing but positive things to say about this place.

Room Tip: The owners take such good care of the property I'm sure every room is great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Had great interactions with the owners / managers. Very friendly, kind, and responsive. Location is right across the beach about a 3 min walk. Houses are lovely, accommodating, and decorated well. I went with two of my girlfriends and we had an absolute blast. I highly recommend staying at Griss. My stay was only four nights but I could have easily lived there for months.

• Stayed February 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing home away from home. Fabulous location, beautifully decorated in a serene environment. Owners are extremely friendly ans very helpful. Highly recommend this place as it has exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Beautiful property with a nice private pool and relaxing area. A little noisy sleeping in the jungle but that is part of the fun! Great for going in the group or as a couple. Villas were good value and service was great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Griss Lodge and Villas? Share your experiences!