We recently just met up with some friends at Canaima Chill House for the first time. They were there 2 years ago for their honeymoon and had could not wait to go back. Immediately upon getting out of the car I was in love with Canaima. You can not help but immediately feel relaxed. The staff member who greeted us was absolutely charming, quick and helpful. We were in our room in a matter of minutes. The grounds are well maintained and have a very zen like feel to them. Our room was gorgeous and despite the lack of A/C was very comfortable. We took our 8 year old son which we were a little nervous about seeing as 8 year olds are usually far from "chill" but even he seemed to really appreciate the laid back nature of the resort and spent more than a few days napping on the swinging beds. I would recommend taking a surf lesson with the owner Juan Carlos FOR SURE! He is a patient teacher who you can tell genuinely loves what he does.
A few words of advice: YES the resort is at the top of a very steep hill but we found ourselves hiking up and down multiple times a day with no problem. It can get a little slippery if it rains but never did it feel dangerous. It is work for sure but once you make it the top you can jump into the beautiful pool to cool off.
Although the resort itself is very quiet, you have to keep in mind you are in the middle of the rain forest. There are all kinds of natural noises around you. i.e birds, dogs, insects, lizards and MONKEYS! They all add to the experience though and after a little getting use to our quite calming.
I can not say enough wonderful things about the resort, the staff, the beach, the town etc... I absolutely fell in love with Canaima and Santa Teresa. I am already planning my return in November.
Make sure to pack some bug spray,a couple swimsuits, some sun block and flip flops.
Thank you Juan Carlos for such a wonderful experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our "pillow swimming pool".Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 Suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa