We stayed here for 4 nights in March and we loved this place.
Yes, there is a big hill that we had to walk up and down each day, as we did not have a car, but it was worth the effort, and you get some good exercise. You get over it quickly.
Rooms are very cool with a large deck that has a sitting area and a crazy awesome hanging bed. Inside you have a small kichen with everything you need to cook if you don`t want to go out, a fairly comfy bed on the main floor, and a loft with two single beds. The bathroom has a shower that looks outside (private enough, but there is a curtain if you need it). There is a safe in the room, but no ac, which isn`t so bad, and kind of adds to the whole experience. (You do have a fan, and we also brought one of the two that are in the loft down.)
There are a few common areas that are great for relaxing, especially a round couch on a platform above the pool. The pool is wonderful, and much needed most days. There are many beautiful birds, especially humming birds, flying around, and as an added bonus, there is a howler monkey that hangs around quite a bit.
The owner is very nice and helpful, as are the front desk guys. We hired the owner to take my son and husband surfing one day, they had fun, and he is all about safety.
Some good restaurants include Habaneros for great Mexican food, and beautiful sunsets, Zwart Cafe for breakfast, and amazing salads, and a good pizza place at Manala Resort down the road.
Aside from surfing and swimming at the beach (which is fun in the waves, and safe if you stay fairly close to shore), we rented ATVs and went to Montezuma Falls. This was a fun day, but you should be an experienced (ATV) driver.
This place was reasonably priced and I would highly recommend it.
A small warning about the DUSTY road that is Santa Teresa, you might want to wear your sunglasses to keep the dirt from getting in your eyes and a scarf over your mouth when driving ATVs or walking, much better to walk along the beach.
If you are interested, read reviews about Casa Luna in La Fortuna, where we stayed before this, and Condotel las Cascadas in Quepos, where we stayed after this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our “pillow swimming pool”.Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa