The 400 meter walk up is like a stairway to heaven- long but worth it! Hotel Canaima is simple, but beautiful. The room we had was eco-inspired, and stylish. Moreover, with the great food in Santa Teresa, I really believe that the walk up kept me from gaining 10 more lbs. throughout my stay in Santa Teresa. If you are the type who's really looking for a place to just sit and relax, you could always rent out an 4-wheel ATV around the area, which is well worth the price- it takes you up to Hotel Canaima, and you can have fun with it driving around the town.. plus feel cool about it and all. I believe riding an ATV should be part of the experience in Santa Teresa. The area is excellent; the beach is downhill, and is stunning!
Ricardo and Gonzalez were very accomodating receptionists- whatever questions I had, they were always able to help me- whether it was about where to eat or where to go drink and hangout at night. Juan Carlos, the owner, is very nice as well.. very genuine person. You can take up surfing lessons with him for an exclusive Hotel Canaima Rate; he teaches well and engages you approppriately with the level of skill you're at.
I stayed at Canaima with 3 others. We initially booked 3 nights, but then extened it for an extra night. I wish I could've extended it more for four more nights. Unfortunately, I already prebooked a place in Tamarindo which I paid for already. We stayed in Costa Rica for a total of ten days. When I come back, I'd go back to Hotel Canaima and just stay there in Santa Teresea for my whole trip.
-Mark Cimafranca, New Jersey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our “pillow swimming pool”.Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, BookingOdigeoWL and Booking.com so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa