EVERYONE, I traveled to this hotel back when it was in it's infancy, back in 2009. Even then, this place was amazing. My uncle and I were traveling together and showed up in Santa Teresa with no where to stay. Bad planning. We did; however, find a hotel that recommended us to go to Canaima. JuanCarlos was so AWESOME. He stayed up until about midnight waiting for us to arrive. He catered to us and took very good care of us. This guy never stopped working the entire time we were there. If he wasn't building something, he was sweeping the street LOL. That was a nice day to come back to the hotel after a day at the beach to see JuanCarlos "sweeping" the street. The security in this place is great. I felt very safe with a patrol dog and secure front door that is locked in the evening. Also there were security cameras for extra protection. I never saw any violence in Costa Rica, but as with any foreign country, your things can be stolen at any time if you are not careful. Yes, the monkeys can be loud, but, hey, they are monkeys. This is what monkeys do. Also there are chickens and a whole world out there to hear. I loved it. A simple pair of earplugs and I slept like a baby. My uncle actually loved sleeping out on the swing on the porch. I woke up one morning and said, did you hear the monkeys and he says "what monkeys". LOL
This is the most amazing place and has been since the beginning. I have been back several times since then. JuanCarlos has done so much work and made this just a haven for peace and relaxation. Since my first visit they added so much, including a deck, jacuzzi, swimming pool and more. The people there are so nice and the community is very laid back and easy going. Take some surf lessons, ride a zipline, rent a four-wheeler, go for an adventure. This is the most amazing place. I love it. I miss it. I highly recommend this place for couples and for families. Even if you travel alone, this a wonderful place to relax, meet people or just take in nature. I cannot say enough about this place or this town. Just pack your things and go. You will not want to go home.
PS To the people that review that it's hot here and that they had to walk and the monkeys were loud, etc... You really should book an all-inclusive resort. This place is not for you. I should mention, however, that JuanCarlos could probably work in unlimited Gin Tonics into the deal. They are the best!! LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our "pillow swimming pool".Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 Suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa