“This is an incredible place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Canaima Chill House to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Canaima Chill House
400 metros al este del Hostal Brunelas, hacia el monte | Playa Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa 60111, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
boise
“This is an incredible place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have to say that this would not have been on my list when I visited Costa Rica recently. However a friend of a friend insisted we go there and I am glad we listened and made the reservation ahead of time. Santa Teresa is a surf town with beaches and is on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula about 5 hours from San Jose by car and ferry. It is not the easiest place to find or to get to but once we were there, we didn't want to leave. Juan Carlos has created a haven that would be enjoyable anywhere but here it is 1st class. The road is bumpy and I'm not sure I even wanted to go there but now I am trying to figure out a way to create a hanging bed where I live. The have one on the open deck overlooking the pool and as I was swinging back and forth reading and relaxing, I found myself wanting to move there. It is clean, Juan Carlos and staff provide 5 star service and will help in any way possible. Using the enormous shower with a view of the jungle surrounding was heaven. I wanted to have one of these at my house. It is open air if you choose and I realized as I was there why they call it the Chill House. I was more relaxed than I had been in years. A little out of the way but well worth it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are similar.......there isn't a workout facility but if you walk into town for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I have just completed 4 months of travelling around the world including South America, Costa Rica, California and Hawaii. The Canaima Chill House is the only place I stayed at where I have been motivated enough to write a review.

From the moment we walked in the door we had a truly amazing experience. Juan(owner), Lexi and their staff drop everything and go out of their way to make sure that you have a great time. On the first afternoon they even invited us down to a local bar to meet some of their friends, which really set the tone of how our stay was going to be like. As soon as you asked any of the staff a question, they would pick up the phone and get you what you needed.

Juan is also a fantastic surf instructor, super patient with my girlfriend who was learning for the first time and taught me a lot handy new tips even though I have surfed for quite some time.

The other thing I have to mention is the design, which is a real little paradise. What I love is that Juan designed the place from scratch from top to bottom. The rooms are amazing, it was so nice relaxing on the day bed or swimming in the pool.

We were so sad to leave, but will definitely be going back.

Justin Stafford

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

You will not find a more wonderful, relaxing, beautiful place to spend a vacation. I stayed there with a friend for 2 weeks and we had a fantastic time. It is on a hill with beautiful views of the jungle that surrounds it. The hotel itself feels like part of nature, blending into the phenomenal views in a way that is inpsiring. It is so well designed and easy to appreciate every detail, from the hanging beds to the relaxing outdoor lounge areas, where you hear the exotic sounds of the jungle. Each day you discover more details of the gorgeous hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly- you can ask them anything and they are there to help you, but are never intrusive. Thank you again Juan Carlos for this piece of paradise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

peaceful, beautiful, friendly, just perfect, love this place, I can't wait to go back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were looking for the perfect place to spend our holidays in all Costa rica, and we arecompletely sure that we found it!!

It is difficult to just write a review of Canaima Chill house.
For sure, you must come and feel it.

It´s not just the magical place where it´s placed, it´s not only the nature that you will feel even having a shower... the spaciouse rooms and beautiful details you discover every day, the crazy sleeping hanging bed..., the yummy yummy breakfasts... the gintonic moments in the swimming pool while we were watching the Congo monkeys, the relaxing sessions on the deck and the candle moments at the hot tube just listening nature...

We had such a wonderful time... that we don´t just want to recommend Canaima!! We really want to thank Juan-Carlos and Alexia, for making those days so special, and great!!

And we know, we will comme back for sure!!

Just excelent!

Thank you!

Thank you for putting a new name to paradise: Canaima Chill house!!!

Alexander L.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hermosillo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

More than what I expect it, we had an extrordinary expirence for 10 days at Canaima Chill House, easy to fell at home, easy to move by just asking at the front desk with Juan or Alek, and that's it, you will have the day trip!!! jump and explore paradise day by day! Be ready to come, and learn quick how to come back soon...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

After reading all the tripadvisor reviews about this place I decided to see it for myself. I loved it! The room was clean, spacious, and very practical. The commun deck was my favorite part ; I felt like if I were in a tree house ! Beautiful! Alek and Juan were very helpful ! They helped me organize everything about my trip ( car rental, activities, surf rental + classes) , I truly felt on vacations (not having to worry about anything but the next high to go surfing! )
Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so memorable ! I will defenetely come back !!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Canaima Chill House? Share your experiences!