“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenisimo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Hotel Buenisimo
You added Hotel Buenisimo to your Saves list
100 mts south of the church, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #19 of 31 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Seal Beach, California
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I went with another couple for our first trip to Costa Rica and this really was a great place to stay! Excellent location next to the beach, restaurants, and market. The casita had an ocean view with hammocks out on the porch to relax in! The owners and staff were very friendly and made sure that we had a great time. They gave multiple suggestions for all activities, surfing, food and arranged it for you. Our vacation was so relaxing and more enjoyable because of all the good advice we received. We felt like part of their family and can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Conneaut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Our stay here was incredible; the staff, the vibe, the surfing and the rooms and cabins are beautiful in a lush tropical setting. We came here for just 3 nights in a cheaper garden room (we were on a 3 month budget trip) and ended up changing that the same day we arrived in a casita with kitchen and sunset view porch. We stayed for 6 weeks... The staff was exceptionally helpful with all our needs. Without a car the steps up the mountain to our beautiful casita was a great workout! Their location is perfect with a short walk to the best surf spot in Santa Teresa. This is a very environmentally conscious place.
They made our Costa Rica experience a great one!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Before I went on this trip, I read reviews on TripAdvisor and other websites and maybe after reading those reviews my expectations were too high. While this hotel is in an ideal location--right by the beach, next door to a supermarket, walking distance from restaurants--I was honestly disappointed with the hotel room and the service. I stayed in the garden room and it was very small with just the bunk bed and the bathroom. In addition, I expected some room service ie I thought someone would change sheets on the bed, take our garbage out, and somewhat tidy up the room--this did not happen. I took out my own garbage and the sheets on the bed (which were not the best quality) stayed on for all 5 days I stayed there. I mention this b/c being in the beach and walking about gets dirty and dirt trudges into the room and there is no way to tidy up the room after a day out. Also there is no telephone and if God forbid you had an issue in the evening I think it would be difficult to contact someone in the hotel to help you since no one is around. I would have to say the best part of staying at this hotel was that while I was dissatisfied with the room--the owner of the hotel was friendly and facilitated any activity that I requested--surfing, ziplining, etc. Also just being in Costa Rica and Santa Teresa itself was great. I would only recommend this hotel if you want an inexpensive, no frills, no fuss vacation where most of the day would be spent out and about and not at the hotel itself.

• Stayed March 2010
Ryan Sereno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I traveled with a friend of mine to CR hoping to score good waves, meet nice and friendly people, and explore the the North Pacific region of Costa Rica. The location of Hotel Buenisimo provided us with a prime location to accomplish all we had hoped. In addition, the warm, friendly staff gave us an insight on how we could see the best of what the Santa Teresa area has to offer. From quad rentals, to more than reasonable rates, to the best Costa Rican breakfast I have ever had in CR...and I mean EVER, I couldn't be more thankful that this place was recommended to me. I mean from our room I could see the surf break, and even better, I could get there in about 5 minutes from the Hotel. I planned on staying in Santa Teresa only a few days, and after only the first day I knew that I would spend almost my entire CR trip here. I could rant and rave forever about how sweet this place is...but it wouldn't do it justice. You should really find out for yourself. I definitely plan on returning. The sooner the better. ¡Pura vida!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Buenisimo. We stayed in one of the casitas which was very affordable and so relaxing. We spent a lot of time lounging in hammocks outside the room checking out the waves. The view was spectacular. Charlie and Ryan were very friendly and helpful. Ryan had a lot of great advice on where to surf, eat dinner and go on adventures. And the daily breakfast was so tasty. It filled us up for the whole day. We would definitely return to Hotel Buenisimo and recommend it to anyone traveling to Costa Rica.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and both our location at Santa Teresa and our lovely casita at Hotel Buenisimo realized our dream vacation. We were looking for a location with beautiful sun and surf and that was not overrun with tourists. The beaches are beautiful, the ocean marvelous and the sunsets breathtaking. Both my husband and young daughter took surfing lessons from Ryan and Eva from the hotel. We stayed for 7 days in a lovely casita, set in the jungle up on a hill. The breakfasts served were delicious and ample. We felt like family.
Thanks again for a lovely time. We were very sorry to leave and hope to return

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Went down to Costa with three other friends of mine from college, two of us were experienced surfers just looking for an economical place to stay near the surf and the other two were just looking for adventure and relaxation. Well this place ended up being perfect! We rented the one story casita and a garden room. Well after seeing the view from the Casita we never left the porch! The view can not be justified with words, from waking up and checking the amazing surf rolling in or hangin in the hammocks watching the sun set everynight. (It's worth every penny more for the casita!)

Besides the beauty of the casitas, the service was great. Breakfast every moring was waiting for us after our morning surf session. Ryan would organize anything you had an interest in for a great price. We went on a 5 hour atv tour to a animal reserve, secret beach, and to the montezuma waterfalls for only $20!Canopy tour for only $35, and a varaiety of surfboards are available for rent right at the hotel. Ryan and Eva were always happy to take us out if we wished to check out some of the night life. Overall GREAT place to stay for surfers and familys alike.
--- One night you must check out the Las Olas grill your own meat restruant with the infinity pool!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Buenisimo? Share your experiences!