The location and view do not disappoint. However, we just didn't get the service to rate this place as highly as others. It was bad luck for us - we stayed there when Sonny was away having a baby. The other owner had family staying with him. So, we were kinda on our own. Not sure why, but they didn't have maid service while we were there. I've stayed at less expensive places in Costa Rica, and had better service. The outdoor bathroom in our villa was quite dirty after a few days without maid service. My husband had to ask for a broom to sweep up the leaves. There was a guy there who swept the area for us, but the point is ... we had to ask to keep our bathroom tidy. We also had to ask for toilet paper, rather than having it restocked for us. We were actually quite angry when we read about others getting such a good breakfast. We got "buffet-style" fruit and toast with bad coffee. The location and villas are wonderful. We enjoyed the larger villa with the pool in front, which felt like our own private resort. They are perched high up a hill with a dirt road, so 4WD is a must (though I understand there was talk of paving a portion of the road). The hike on foot down to the beach was great exercise.
Living in Costa Rica and running a hotel is certainly a dream life for many. But, you're still running a service-based business. You shouldn't take your guests for granted. Next time we go to Santa Teresa, we'll be booking at Florablanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo Villas is a boutique bed & breakfast nestled in the hills of Playa Santa Teresa on Costa Rica's lush Nicoya peninsula. We offer 2 villas and 2 private rooms, each of them with amazing ocean views. We also have a beautiful infinity pool from where you can watch the sun set into the Pacific. Santa Teresa is one of the best surf spots in Costa Rica. We offer surf instruction/lessons and can provide surfboard rental. We are two childhood friends in our thirties from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Growing up our passions included travelling, surfing and making new friends. Hosting people comes naturally to us. Our main goal is to create a space where you can have fun and relax while surrounded by natural beauty. A place where you will be treated like a guest, not a client, and have the best possible time ever in Santa Teresa. To accomplish that we will provide you with the personal attention that you deserve and the comforts that you need. We want you to feel at home here in paradise... Come and join us... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa