The location and view do not disappoint. However, we just didn't get the service to rate this place as highly as others. It was bad luck for us - we stayed there when Sonny was away having a baby. The other owner had family staying with him. So, we were kinda on our own. Not sure why, but they didn't have maid service while we were there. I've stayed at less expensive places in Costa Rica, and had better service. The outdoor bathroom in our villa was quite dirty after a few days without maid service. My husband had to ask for a broom to sweep up the leaves. There was a guy there who swept the area for us, but the point is ... we had to ask to keep our bathroom tidy. We also had to ask for toilet paper, rather than having it restocked for us. We were actually quite angry when we read about others getting such a good breakfast. We got "buffet-style" fruit and toast with bad coffee. The location and villas are wonderful. We enjoyed the larger villa with the pool in front, which felt like our own private resort. They are perched high up a hill with a dirt road, so 4WD is a must (though I understand there was talk of paving a portion of the road). The hike on foot down to the beach was great exercise.
Living in Costa Rica and running a hotel is certainly a dream life for many. But, you're still running a service-based business. You shouldn't take your guests for granted. Next time we go to Santa Teresa, we'll be booking at Florablanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo is a unique bed & breakfast located in the hills of Santa Teresa, just 2 minutes to Santa Teresa beach and town. Along with stunning ocean views, Gumbo Limbo's central, hilltop location provides seclusion- a nice break from the dust and bustle of town, while being only a 2 minute drive to the beach and main road. A 4x4 vehicle, which is generally better for Costa Rica roads, is recommended to reach our property. Each of our villas is surrounded by lush, tropical nature, giving total privacy, comfort, and a real feeling of being in the jungle. From every corner of our property, you can find amazing ocean and mountain views. Our beautiful infinity pool is the perfect spot to relax and watch the best sunsets Santa Teresa has to offer. A full breakfast is included in your stay. It is served each morning in our ocean view dining area. Some of our breakfast options include granola and yogurt with fresh fruits, eggs with gallo pinto, or pancakes, all served with fresh Costa Rican coffee. Our guests are our priority. It comes natural for us to host people and make new friends, so it is our pleasure to cover every small detail and accommodate our guests' needs so that they have the best time while staying with us. Many of our guests have told us that their experience visiting Gumbo Limbo felt more like staying with old friends, than staying at a hotel. Whether it's sharing a surf session or an Argentinean asado together, we look forward to having you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa