Set on top of the hills overlooking Santa Teresa and the ocean below, Sonny and his staff have made an experience worth finding. The pictures about this place do not lie, it is amazing. Our group rented the place for the majority of the week for my wedding. Everyone associated with Gumbo Limbo made us feel right at home. We had our ceremony on a beach at another hotel, but everything else was done at this hotel (apps, dinner, cake cutting, and band). Sonny put us in contact with a wedding planner, Rebecca, which fulfilled all of our dreams. Michele is an amazing chef and he has the greatest, uplifting personality. We ate there twice, besides the night we grilled our fresh catch, once on arrival and then for the wedding dinner. Both times were stunningly good, no matter what we were eating. The guy can cook. We enjoyed the trip up the hill, but I could see where this wouldn't be for everyone, especially if you didn’t have a car. Also the rooms are open as the pictures show, so critters will greet you from time to time. But for us these things just enriched a great place with a great view. This place will always be one of our favorite hotels in the world. Not only because of our marriage, but due to its amazing, lasting impression it left on all of us. Kudos to Sonny, Michele, Betty, Eric and everyone at Gumbo Limbo. Hopefully we will be back someday soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo is a unique bed & breakfast located in the hills of Santa Teresa, just 2 minutes to Santa Teresa beach and town. Along with stunning ocean views, Gumbo Limbo's central, hilltop location provides seclusion- a nice break from the dust and bustle of town, while being only a 2 minute drive to the beach and main road. A 4x4 vehicle, which is generally better for Costa Rica roads, is recommended to reach our property. Each of our villas is surrounded by lush, tropical nature, giving total privacy, comfort, and a real feeling of being in the jungle. From every corner of our property, you can find amazing ocean and mountain views. Our beautiful infinity pool is the perfect spot to relax and watch the best sunsets Santa Teresa has to offer. A full breakfast is included in your stay. It is served each morning in our ocean view dining area. Some of our breakfast options include granola and yogurt with fresh fruits, eggs with gallo pinto, or pancakes, all served with fresh Costa Rican coffee. Our guests are our priority. It comes natural for us to host people and make new friends, so it is our pleasure to cover every small detail and accommodate our guests' needs so that they have the best time while staying with us. Many of our guests have told us that their experience visiting Gumbo Limbo felt more like staying with old friends, than staying at a hotel. Whether it's sharing a surf session or an Argentinean asado together, we look forward to having you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa