My husband booked our honeymoon at Gumbo Limbo. After all the wedding planning, it was nice to not have to worry about the honeymoon plans too. Since we honeymooned in May (Costa Rica low season) we had the whole place to ourselves. It was so peaceful and serene, away from the noisy cars on the street below. But the best part was the view and the constant ocean breeze.
Down in town it was so hot, but Gumbo Limbo's pool and the breeze was the perfect cool down. The view is nearly 180 degrees of ocean out front and behind the villas is a view of mountainous jungle. It was beautiful. And howler monkeys came right into our bathroom 3 out of 5 mornings!
It is a hike up and down the mountain to town, so we requested a four wheeler to get around and the care taker (Negrito) brought it to us! There is a small fridge to keep drinks in, and a tv with some movie selections for after dark if your not into clubbing or bar hopping.
All in all, it was a perfect ending to our wedding and we look forward to vacationing there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo is a unique bed & breakfast located in the hills of Santa Teresa, just 2 minutes to Santa Teresa beach and town. Along with stunning ocean views, Gumbo Limbo's central, hilltop location provides seclusion- a nice break from the dust and bustle of town, while being only a 2 minute drive to the beach and main road. A 4x4 vehicle, which is generally better for Costa Rica roads, is recommended to reach our property. Each of our villas is surrounded by lush, tropical nature, giving total privacy, comfort, and a real feeling of being in the jungle. From every corner of our property, you can find amazing ocean and mountain views. Our beautiful infinity pool is the perfect spot to relax and watch the best sunsets Santa Teresa has to offer. A full breakfast is included in your stay. It is served each morning in our ocean view dining area. Some of our breakfast options include granola and yogurt with fresh fruits, eggs with gallo pinto, or pancakes, all served with fresh Costa Rican coffee. Our guests are our priority. It comes natural for us to host people and make new friends, so it is our pleasure to cover every small detail and accommodate our guests' needs so that they have the best time while staying with us. Many of our guests have told us that their experience visiting Gumbo Limbo felt more like staying with old friends, than staying at a hotel. Whether it's sharing a surf session or an Argentinean asado together, we look forward to having you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa