Wow! We could not have chosen a better place to stay while in Santa Teresa. We stayed in a small villa overlooking the gorgeous swimming pool; it was the most incredible view! Staying here is not like staying at a big traditional hotel, they only have a few rooms, which was perfect because it was so private. Beware if you want to be a part of all of the cars, four wheelers and other noise in the town below this place is not for you! From the main road of the town we take a long winding road up the mountain side to the hotel, you could walk, but you better be in shape! Once you’re up there if it wasn’t for the perfect beaches you would not want to leave. The owners are super cool guys, happy to lend a hand and get you pointed in the right direction; not only do they make a great concierge, (helping with surfboard rentals and fishing trips) but boy can the Italian owner cook! His name is Michele and he is so happy to share his grandmother’s recipes from Italy. I did not go to Costa Rica planning to have great Italian food but I am glad I did, he made us wonderful pasta and even cooked fresh fish we caught on the fishing trip the guys help us set up! Be sure to indulge, Sonny the other American owner and can make a mean Mojito! All in all I can’t wait to get back to surf, swim, eat drink and relax, and Gumbo Limbo is the perfect spot to do so!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo Villas is a boutique bed & breakfast set atop the hills of beautiful Playa Santa Teresa on Costa Rica's lush Nicoya peninsula. Each luxurious accommodation overlooks the Pacific Ocean and possesses commanding panoramic ocean and jungle views. Relax and scan the horizon from this unique hillside hideaway for migrating sea life, feast your eyes on a magnificent sunset, check the surf conditions from the best perch on the Nicoya peninsula or simply enjoy a refreshing beverage in the resort's elegantly designed infinity pool and surrender to the beauty of the nature that surrounds you. Whatever your vacation interests are, be it catching the next pumping pacific swell, exploring the wonders of Cabo Blanco Absolute Reserve or just unwinding from the everyday stress of a busy lifestyle, Gumbo Limbo Villas is ideally situated and designed to ensure that you get the most out of your visit to Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa