Just returned from another stay at Gumbo Limbo Villas in Santa Teresa. Made the annual pilgrimage to Costa Rica's fun zone, this time with the boys. Booked out the hotel and scored South Swells in Mal Pais and Santa Teresa for ten days straight. Surf was anywhere from chest-high to double-overhead and absolutely pumping, which is par for the course during May-July.
Staying with Sonny and Michele(sp?) is always a good time and the services keep improving each year that I return. The food at the restaurant is always spot-on, with yummy after-surf breakfasts and a dinner menu that, although consistently influenced by Michele's Italian heritage, is constantly evolving and never ceases to amaze the palette.
Guest services have definitely improved, as well. I think that this is partly due to customer feedback and part of it is just the learning curve of running a boutique hotel. Maid service has stepped up a notch, the rooms have a bit more personality with some art on the walls and the addition of air conditioning is a bonus, although not entirely necessary in my opinion. (Gumbo Limbo is on top of the hill overlooking town, so the dry, dusty air that that can be almost suffocating at the street level is cool and refreshing after making its way up the foliage-covered hillside).
Ten days of surfing, eating, sleep and repeat at Gumbo Limbo is a recipe for rebooting. The friendly and accommodating atmosphere enhance the Pura Vida vibe that embodies the Costa Rican experience. At 41, I want it served up on a silver platter, and Gumbo Limbo consistently performs. Do yourself a favor and book a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo Villas is a boutique bed & breakfast set atop the hills of beautiful Playa Santa Teresa on Costa Rica's lush Nicoya peninsula. Each luxurious accommodation overlooks the Pacific Ocean and possesses commanding panoramic ocean and jungle views. Relax and scan the horizon from this unique hillside hideaway for migrating sea life, feast your eyes on a magnificent sunset, check the surf conditions from the best perch on the Nicoya peninsula or simply enjoy a refreshing beverage in the resort's elegantly designed infinity pool and surrender to the beauty of the nature that surrounds you. Whatever your vacation interests are, be it catching the next pumping pacific swell, exploring the wonders of Cabo Blanco Absolute Reserve or just unwinding from the everyday stress of a busy lifestyle, Gumbo Limbo Villas is ideally situated and designed to ensure that you get the most out of your visit to Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa