Just returned from another stay at Gumbo Limbo Villas in Santa Teresa. Made the annual pilgrimage to Costa Rica's fun zone, this time with the boys. Booked out the hotel and scored South Swells in Mal Pais and Santa Teresa for ten days straight. Surf was anywhere from chest-high to double-overhead and absolutely pumping, which is par for the course during May-July.
Staying with Sonny and Michele(sp?) is always a good time and the services keep improving each year that I return. The food at the restaurant is always spot-on, with yummy after-surf breakfasts and a dinner menu that, although consistently influenced by Michele's Italian heritage, is constantly evolving and never ceases to amaze the palette.
Guest services have definitely improved, as well. I think that this is partly due to customer feedback and part of it is just the learning curve of running a boutique hotel. Maid service has stepped up a notch, the rooms have a bit more personality with some art on the walls and the addition of air conditioning is a bonus, although not entirely necessary in my opinion. (Gumbo Limbo is on top of the hill overlooking town, so the dry, dusty air that that can be almost suffocating at the street level is cool and refreshing after making its way up the foliage-covered hillside).
Ten days of surfing, eating, sleep and repeat at Gumbo Limbo is a recipe for rebooting. The friendly and accommodating atmosphere enhance the Pura Vida vibe that embodies the Costa Rican experience. At 41, I want it served up on a silver platter, and Gumbo Limbo consistently performs. Do yourself a favor and book a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo Villas is a boutique bed & breakfast nestled in the hills of Playa Santa Teresa on Costa Rica's lush Nicoya peninsula. We offer 2 villas and 2 private rooms, each of them with amazing ocean views. We also have a beautiful infinity pool from where you can watch the sun set into the Pacific. Santa Teresa is one of the best surf spots in Costa Rica. We offer surf instruction/lessons and can provide surfboard rental. We are two childhood friends in our thirties from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Growing up our passions included travelling, surfing and making new friends. Hosting people comes naturally to us. Our main goal is to create a space where you can have fun and relax while surrounded by natural beauty. A place where you will be treated like a guest, not a client, and have the best possible time ever in Santa Teresa. To accomplish that we will provide you with the personal attention that you deserve and the comforts that you need. We want you to feel at home here in paradise... Come and join us... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa