“Excellent, Friendly, Coming Back!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Cuesta Arriba Hotel to your Saves list
150 meters North From La Lora Amarilla, Santa Teresa 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ada, Ohio
“Excellent, Friendly, Coming Back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

What an amazing place! Barbara and Martin are gracious hosts who know the area well, are bi-lingual, and have a wonderful hotel. I rented the mini-private room that had a shared bath and a private room. It was so worth it!!! At $35 a night with a pool, hot water, private room, A/C, and kitchen, it was an amazing bargain. I will most definitely be back. Of all the places I have stayed in Costa Rica over the several times I have been, this is definitely the best. I LOVE the beach, and I love the hotel. Don't miss out. Come visit as soon as you can!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
cuestaarriba, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hi Chris! Thank you for you nice words! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. We hope to see you back soon!

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I picked this place based on the tripadvisor review and we didn't regret it!
The Argentinian-German couple running the place is so helpful and so kind that it makes the all difference!
The hostel is located 2 min walk from a surf shop where you can rent boards for 10$ (24h) and 100m from the Lora beach which is a really good surfing, both for beginners and experts.
There's a little restaurant next door where you can have a dinner for 5$, and the supermarket is just at a 5 min walk.
Having travelled Costa Rica for a month, we can say now this was our best pick so far :)

• Stayed July 2014
Hi There! Thank you for your excelent review! We are happy to read such a bunch of nice things about our sourrundings and Hotel aswell. We Loved to hear that you had a good time and that we are your best pick so far in your trip.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Cuesta Arriba was recommended by our Surf Guide book. It offers all you need to spend beutiful days in Santa Teresa. We stayed in the 4 bed loft-style rooms. The clean rooms and kitchen, free breakfast, nearby beach access and the friendly staff made us stay longer than we planned. The Soda next to hotel offers good food and the supermarket is also not far away.

Room Tip: Loft style rooms have enough space to store the surf boards
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hola ! Thank you for spreading the voice about us! We are glad to know that you had a good time here with us and we hope to see you back someday. Until then...enjoy the ride!!!
Pura Vida

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I arrived at this hotel traveling with some friends, we rented out the 8 people budget room, and we definitely recommend this place! The price is really good for what it offers: clean rooms, pool, nearby beach, and breakfast. The beach is wonderful, the nightlife is great and so are the nearby restaurants. The service is also really good.

We had a blast and hope to come back soon, thank you so much for the hospitality!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hola Valentina! We are glad to know that you had such a good time here with your friends. Thank you for spreading the voice about us! Please!!!Come back soon!

Barbara & Martin
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had such a great stay at Cuesta Arriba. SO good, that months later I am still thinking about it and day dreaming of being back there. I intended on staying only 2 nights then moving on, but ended up staying 7 nights.

I stayed in the big, open room dormitory upstairs. It was by far one of the best rooms I have ever had in a hostel setting. I loved waking up to the sounds of the jungle and the morning breeze.

They had well kept amenities, it was always clean, and there was a wonderful feel and atmosphere to the place. As a solo female traveller, I always felt safe and comforted by my surroundings.
I enjoyed that it felt peaceful and slightly tucked away from it all, and yet was literally a minute walk to the spectacular beach and all the happenings. It was also 3 minutes walking distance from a supermarket and one of the best local restaurants.

They have a beautiful pool for lounging in the mid-day heat and a great open aired kitchen/main hangout area. It was an easy, chill place to meet and chat with others. And, there was freshly brewed coffee each morning in the outdoor kitchen, such a treat to wake up to.

The hosts, Barbara & Martin, are such cool couple. They were warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable and professional at all times. They made me feel well taken care of, like I was staying with old friends, but I also appreciated that I was left alone and unbothered, as I tend to enjoy my personal space and time. It was a great balance.

Overall, an excellent experience and I look forward to future stays!
Many thanks to Barbara & Martin

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Holaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Thank you for your nice words! We are happy to know that you had such a nice experience with us. We hope you can make it back one day! Until then...have fun and enjoy the ride!!!
Martinez, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The accommodations were great, the coffee and the toast a bonus, and in a great location right by the beach. Not to mention the good company and the 2 beautiful English Mastiffs. Cuesta arriba Hotel is the place to be if you want a chill holiday! I loved the swimmingpool it was very clean and it cooled us off even during the hottest month of the year. We recommend it 100% great vibes in a slice of paradise. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hola Carla!!!
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you back soon !!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara & Martin
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed from sunday 13 until saturday 19.
Extremely friendly personal. Bárbara, Martin, Julia and Dragon. Thank you so much for making me have such an excellent holiday.
Excellent wifi connection. Very calm atmosphere. Definitely not a party place, but still a hotel where you are able to meet people and go out, while respecting the rest of the guests by not disturbing their hours of sleeping. I felt always safe in the hostel and I had the chance of meeting wonderful people from europe and locals. Overall I feel absolutely recharged after this one week holiday in Santa Teresa(what an amazing town). I am hoping that I will be able to visit again !
Much love and gratefulness

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hi There! Thank you for spreading the voice about Cuesta Arriba!. We are happy to know that you had a good time! We hope to see you again in the future! Until then...enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuesta Arriba Hotel

Been to Cuesta Arriba Hotel? Share your experiences!