One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, I came for 2 days initially, but stayed for 10, leaving only as I had to go home. Cuesta Arriba, has friendly and helpful staff and owners, is a nice size, not too big, but big enough for a great atmosphere and it has a large kitchen, TV room, WiFi and a clean pool.
I shared a 4 bed dorm, which was fairly spacious and clean - other options are available, including air-con'd private rooms.
The beach is literally across the road and 2 mins down a sandy trail - look out for the little geckos and crabs rustling in the leaves along the track - surf board hire is available and nothing beats an early morning surf before the 9 am yoga sessions.
One more little gem is the nearby Soda just 2 mins out of Cuesta Arriba to the right - don't leave without trying the burritos :-)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial-style hotel surrounded by trees and tropical gardens with unique affordable rooms. The hotel features a communal kitchen,resting areas, hammocks and a sparkling pool in the landscaped garden. Complimentary coffee and toast served from 7AM till 9AM, free Wireless is also offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Cuesta Arriba Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cuesta Arriba Bed And Breakfast Hostel
- Cuesta Arriba Hotel Santa Teresa
- Cuesta Arriba Hotel Costa Rica/Santa Teresa