“The perfect place to chill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fuego Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Fuego Lodge
100 m North from the soccer field | Cobano, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica (Formerly Orquidea Lodge)   |
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The perfect place to chill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dear Barbara and Itay. It was great to stay as your guests in Fuego Lodge. Thanks for the worm hospitality and for being s wonderful people. Your place is the perfect place to chill out.
Itay, I miss our laughs and talks. From now on, I will use only led lights :-)
See you soon

Room Tip: we couldn't decide if to stay in the apartment our in the pool studio. so... we stayed in each o...

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This beautiful little apartment lodge is quietly situated a few minutes from the amazing beach Playa Santa Teresa. Location, freshness and the tastefulness of the wonderful lodge apartments is only exceeded by the warm caretaking of the owners Barbara and Etay. We came to stay for a few nights and ended up spending the better part of the month there.

The apartments are newly built, spacious and fully equipped meanwhile the smaller cabinas are the cozy alternative perfect for a couple or the smaller family. I was here with a friend and I'm pleased to say that it is perfect accommodation in all cases.

Fuego Lodge is a very good base camp for exploring the south!western Nicoya peninsula. Although it's walking distance to the beach and most amenities you will need means of transportation to get to and go about Santa Teresa since the whole town is built along one single dirt road and walking can set you back up to 40 minutes.

Be sure to enjoy the pool and just being taken care of!

Thank you Barbara and Etay, I will be back!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at the Fuego Lodge, it is like vintage wine, it taste better and better with time. the rooms are so beautiful and clean, always hot water and water pressure (not easy to find in CR) and strong AC (January:).
For us the most important part of the stay was the atmosphere and spirit of the place, Barbara and Itay, the owners are always available, always kind and extremely helpful in organizing and recommending the best activities and local places.
Thank you so much, you are a hard working family and it shows - you rock, I can't wait to stay at your Fuego home next time we are in Santa Teresa.
Hugs and kisses to the girls.
Albert Bitton

Room Tip: Great Value, great pool, real mattresses, Clean Clean Clean :)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Barbara & Etay are terrific hosts - helpful, nice, mellow, funny. They booked me at virtually a moment's notice in one of the freestanding cabins. This was perfect - clean, huge, adjacent to the pristine pool. I would have stayed longer if I didn't have to go back to work.

When I was leaving, I had to rush to return my rental car and make the ferry. Without my asking, Barbara arranged for a taxi to meet me at the rental agency. She also called them to let them know I was on my way and that the taxi was coming, too. So thoughtful, so helpful.

Stephanie

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Fuego Lodge and were greeted with open arms. Barbara and Etay treated us like family, and provided the 5-star service. Great place to stay, appropriately priced, and good hospitality.

Thank you Barbara and Etay for letting Maria and I hangout. See you soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Bays, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Couldn't have been any better! Want a clean cabin all to yourself with a hammock and an awesome bathroom!!!! This is the place!!Sick surf trip as always, and another sick place to stay!!! I will be back for sure!! Thanks Etay for all the surf knowledge!!
Mark p
LI, NY

• Stayed October 2012
Fuego L, Owner/Manager at Fuego Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for those nice comments..! :D
We enjoy very much meeting you and will be very happy to receive you again anytime.
Much regards and love for you and your girl,
Hope to see you again soon!!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

we were on our honeymoon in costa, and last 5 days we stayed at Itay & Barbara's place.
actually, it wasnt just a 'place' - from the moment we arrived to Fuego - its felt like home.
itay and barbara r two amazing people...they know how to treat there guest, how to manage the hotel and everything.
we stayed at the penthouse (its like very nice apartment in Tel-aviv..). Barbara laundry is the best I saw in all Cost rica. we had the best time in the place and with Itay&Barbara. we recommend everyone that think or plan to travel to Cost - to visit Santa Teresa, and enjoy the experience of being guest at the Fuego Lodge. if u read Hebrew - u can see my Blog i wrot on our experience there... http://www.maveze.co.il/%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%93-%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%A4%D7%A1%D7%AA-%D7%A0%D7%9B%D7%A0%D7%A1%D7%AA-%D7%9C%D7%96%D7%99%D7%9B%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9F/

Room Tip: if you are staying more than 2 nights - ask for the penthouse.. the units have different stile, its...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm happy you felt at home right away!!
Our intention is to help you enjoy the whole Fuego Lodge's experience..! :D
We loved to have you over, and will be hoping to see you again many times.
We'll take good care of your "home" while you are gone... ;)
Best wishes for both, XO

Been to Fuego Lodge? Share your experiences!