“Amazing and Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fuego Lodge

You added Fuego Lodge to your Saves list
Fuego Lodge
100 m North from the soccer field | Cobano, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica (Formerly Orquidea Lodge)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Amazing and Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at the Fuego Lodge, it is like vintage wine, it taste better and better with time. the rooms are so beautiful and clean, always hot water and water pressure (not easy to find in CR) and strong AC (January:).
For us the most important part of the stay was the atmosphere and spirit of the place, Barbara and Itay, the owners are always available, always kind and extremely helpful in organizing and recommending the best activities and local places.
Thank you so much, you are a hard working family and it shows - you rock, I can't wait to stay at your Fuego home next time we are in Santa Teresa.
Hugs and kisses to the girls.
Albert Bitton

Room Tip: Great Value, great pool, real mattresses, Clean Clean Clean :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Barbara & Etay are terrific hosts - helpful, nice, mellow, funny. They booked me at virtually a moment's notice in one of the freestanding cabins. This was perfect - clean, huge, adjacent to the pristine pool. I would have stayed longer if I didn't have to go back to work.

When I was leaving, I had to rush to return my rental car and make the ferry. Without my asking, Barbara arranged for a taxi to meet me at the rental agency. She also called them to let them know I was on my way and that the taxi was coming, too. So thoughtful, so helpful.

Stephanie

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Fuego Lodge and were greeted with open arms. Barbara and Etay treated us like family, and provided the 5-star service. Great place to stay, appropriately priced, and good hospitality.

Thank you Barbara and Etay for letting Maria and I hangout. See you soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Bays, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't have been any better! Want a clean cabin all to yourself with a hammock and an awesome bathroom!!!! This is the place!!Sick surf trip as always, and another sick place to stay!!! I will be back for sure!! Thanks Etay for all the surf knowledge!!
Mark p
LI, NY

• Stayed October 2012
Fuego L, Owner/Manager at Fuego Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for those nice comments..! :D
We enjoy very much meeting you and will be very happy to receive you again anytime.
Much regards and love for you and your girl,
Hope to see you again soon!!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

we were on our honeymoon in costa, and last 5 days we stayed at Itay & Barbara's place.
actually, it wasnt just a 'place' - from the moment we arrived to Fuego - its felt like home.
itay and barbara r two amazing people...they know how to treat there guest, how to manage the hotel and everything.
we stayed at the penthouse (its like very nice apartment in Tel-aviv..). Barbara laundry is the best I saw in all Cost rica. we had the best time in the place and with Itay&Barbara. we recommend everyone that think or plan to travel to Cost - to visit Santa Teresa, and enjoy the experience of being guest at the Fuego Lodge. if u read Hebrew - u can see my Blog i wrot on our experience there... http://www.maveze.co.il/%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%93-%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%A4%D7%A1%D7%AA-%D7%A0%D7%9B%D7%A0%D7%A1%D7%AA-%D7%9C%D7%96%D7%99%D7%9B%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9F/

Room Tip: if you are staying more than 2 nights - ask for the penthouse.. the units have different stile, its...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm happy you felt at home right away!!
Our intention is to help you enjoy the whole Fuego Lodge's experience..! :D
We loved to have you over, and will be hoping to see you again many times.
We'll take good care of your "home" while you are gone... ;)
Best wishes for both, XO
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is what your looking for on a Costa Rica vacation . Easily one of the top 3 vactions I ever had.

Quick thoughts:
Great location
Walking distance to one of the best surf's in the world!
Great decor
Incredible bathrooms
Great night's sleep
excellent service – I will elaborate,

the owners Itay and Barbara simply make you feel at home, it’s like visiting with family but without the family BS, I’ve been to some really high end expensive resorts and hotels, I am telling you flat out, the best concierge doesn’t hold a candle to Barbara!

Etay & Barbara thank you for everything,
Jerry&Heather

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Great tips!!
Thank you so much for sharing so much information, you made it so short so simple, but so complete... :)
We really appreciate your comments and feel sorry for those concierges around the world... LOL
Seriously, THANKS A LOT!!
Will be waiting for your return, big hug!
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Barbara was so helpful during our stay! The rooms are beautiful and the pool was always great after a long day of surfing. I really recommend staying here if you want to be in a quiet location that is still very close to the beach and to town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience with us with other travelers wishing to come to this area, I certainly believe that's the best way to truly promote my place, by real comments made by real guests... :D
Please let us know if you plan to return to this area, we'll be glad to have you over once again!
Best Regards,

Been to Fuego Lodge? Share your experiences!