An amazing hotel and surf and yoga retreat about 100m from hermosa beach. The cabinas are quiet, clean, roomy and have great AC. The surf coaches are amazing and on hand all day if you have any questions, they stay with you on the breaks and I felt totally safe even when the waves got a bit big... The best part is the family ethos of the place. You feel so welcome. There are group meals which are some of the best meals I've ever had, or you're free to go out - Koji's which serves great sushi is nearby. Overall, amazing vibes, amazing energy, amazing staff, and big thanks to Brent, Milan, Kristin, Moy, and the rest of the team. I'll be back. I can't recommend this place enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa