I just took my kids down to Shaka Beach Retreat last week and it was likely the best trip I've ever taken. Great facilities, food, down to earth amazing staff, and a great experience for my family. My daughter has cerebral palsy and was able to surf with the staff daily, zipline, snorkel, and ride the quads with the assistance of the well trained volunteers and staff. The people who run Shaka are excellent surfers and watermen/women and can help you get in the water for your first time or tear up the waves right along side with you. The rooms have AC, they're very clean, daily room cleaning, great meals, hammocks to sleep in after your outdoor activities and just steps from the beach. The yoga classes are top notch right in the middle of the jungle with an excellent instructor and you have anything you want to do at your fingertips and you can enjoy getting to know the locals and the language in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa