Shaka Beach Retreat is my absolute favorite place to stay in Costa Rica. This was my 5th time staying there and every time it keeps getting better.
Shaka has an amazing staff...they've all been there since my first stay, so going back and seeing familiar faces makes me feel like I'm at a home away from home (only with a beach, surfing, great food, zip lining, 4-wheeling, yoga...you get the picture).
They're also located just a short walk away from the beach. And this is not just any beach. I'm talking pristine, absolutely beautiful. The perfect beach to enjoy with family, friends, or solo. The mornings are super quiet (I went for a morning run and was the only person there) and the late mornings/afternoons seem to be for the surfing crowd. The first time I want to Shaka I took a surf lesson and now I'm surfing like a pro! Okay, maybe not a pro but I'm definitely getting better.
Shaka is in close proximity to great places to shop, pick up groceries, or anything else you may need during your stay. On the other hand, it's far enough away to no be affected noise-wise.
This little piece of paradise includes breakfast and dinner everyday, which in my opinion, is the best food I've ever tasted. The housekeeper will also do laundry upon request (I give a big laundry tip, since most places don't offer this) and does a daily turn-down service (the housekeeper is the sweetest and will assist with whatever you need in your room). Anything else you can think of, they will accommodate! And the best part of all...it's SO affordable. One of the most reasonable places for everything the offer.
I can't wait to go back to Shaka...it seriously is my favorite place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa