We spent a week here with friends and family. The accomodations were modern and wonderful! This is a very laid back experience...just what we wanted! All the staff, from the cook to the surf instructors (Jerry you rock) were friendly and so accomodating! They really treated us like friends and family! The location could not have been better! AND I learned to surf (to my totaly amazement!)... Hard to come home...we could have just stayed....
One other plus...at this time of year there are virtually NO BUGS!! The flip side to that is that it is very dry and lots of dust...but that didnt bother us too much!
The only negative is the beds...the matresses are very uncomfortable...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa