Shaka is an awesome place not just because of the location on Hermosa beach, the amazing property and service but also because of the people we met there. First of all, the "ranch" as it is affectionately known, is a great home base for chilling, learning surfing and just generally hanging out. The short walk from the ranch to hermosa beach presents one of the most beautiful beach fronts in the area that isn't as busy as the main drag in santa teresa. Finally, meeting Jerry was a godsend as he had the inside track on all things santa teresa including restaurants, bars, and things to do (ATVing to Montezuma?!) and was more than willing to hang out with us and drive us around to the hot spots for the evening. Oh yeah, Jerry also happens to be an awesome surf instructor who has been riding waves for over 20 years! Overall - a great place to stay and great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa