We didn't really get to spend much time here - just needed a place for our last night in Santa Teresa and were lucky to get a 2br loft. I really liked the smooth cement floors and sliding bamboo doors. My son (10) wasn't quite as enchanted with the open shower concept (he worried about bugs getting in), but I really enjoyed the zen simplicity of Otro Lado. The shelf of second hand books, fresh flowers and the Buddha statues throughout the property were also nice touches.
The resort is very compact, which made the whole place very cozy and intimate. While centrally located and walking distance to several markets, surf shops and restaurants, it was set back off the dusty road as well, which added to the feeling of a little oasis. Our front door was just steps to the pool, which I always find helpful with kids. We all enjoyed an awesome swim under the stars and then sat and ate take-out (the kids loved Chicken Joe's) in our swimsuits at our little outdoor dining area.
The common areas are quite nice. I would have liked to have taken a yoga class or two, but we were off to catch a boat early the next morning. The staff was kind enough, however, to get breakfast going a little early so that we could enjoy some beautiful crepes and croissants before we headed out.
A few things to be aware of: the spiral steps to the loft bedroom, while really cool, are not particularly safe for kids. My daughter almost slipped through them. Also, it's close enough to the road to hear some cars and people at night. I would imagine this is not a big deal most of the time - we were there the Saturday before Easter, their busiest time, and it wasn't bad.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.