My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Otro Lado on our trip to Costa Rica. The room/bed was comfortable and clean. The only thing that would have made it better was a coffee pot. That being said, when I teased to the owner that I was an early riser and would be happy to make the coffee prior to the 7:30 breakfast time, she made a point of having coffee ready for me when I was up and about. Each room has a private nook surrounded by vegetation, or a balcony. The beach is right across the road, the pool lovely, there were different choices for breakfast. When I inquired about a place to rent snorkel equipment, the owner produced snorkels for us to borrow and told us where/when the best snorkeling was. Santa Teresa/Mal Pais were not our favorite spots in Costa Rica, but Otro Lado is a good choice if that is your destination. I guess the only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is in the mornings there was loud LONG chanting carrying through the grounds. Now I'm a yoga practitioner/meditator and for the first half hour was fine, but it really started to get on my nerves. Had to hustle my husband so we could get going on our outting for the day. I know that sounds intolerant but seriously made it impossible for me to sit outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa