Otro Lado has everything you could need in Santa Teresa: walking distance to the beach, great surf shop (Del Soul) at the end of the driveway, clean rooms and great service.
We stayed only two nights, but next time we come back, we might just stay here the entire time.
The Rooms: We were "upgraded" to a Casita which was really nice and way more than the two of us needed. The inside of the rooms are nice, clean and simple. In the Casita, there are two twin beds taht are decorated as couches, a fridge and kitchen needs, a shower and bathroom. Upstairs (and by upstairs I mean up wood spiral staircase) there is a bed, some shelves and another bathroom. There is a deck upstairs with chairs to sit outside, and downstairs a table and chairs and a hammock if you want to relax in the shade.
The Property: I think the location was one of my favorite things about this place. It was on the dirt road, but tucked back enough that you didn't have any of the noise or dust bother you. There are other places in Santa Teresa that are "off" the dirt road, but that puts them up some hills you have to climb everyday. Not fun. It's also about 1/2 a block down the road from an entrance onto the beach. If you are coming to surf, this is the best beach of the the three. Playa Carmen is pretty rough and windy (you will see kitesurfers down there) and Playa Hermosa (which is WAY down the road) is rocky and tame. So you are essentially right int he heart of some really great breaks.
For restaurants, it's good to note that Santa Teresa is pretty spread out in my opinion. We wound up driving a lot - walking will take a while down the road but a lot of ppl do it. There are a few spots around Otro - Alma was my favorite, the Ginger cafe is next door (only for breakfast and lunch). We wound up driving a lot after walking around the 1st night.
For the price, you can't go wrong with Otro Lado. Everything you need, and you can save a few bucks to get in that extra surf lesson!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa