“Zula had everything you need, while staying in amazing Costa Rica!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zula Inn Aparthotel

Save Saved
You added Zula Inn Aparthotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Zula Inn Aparthotel
Playa Santa Teresa | 1 Km From the Crossroads to the Right, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #11 of 30 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Sacramento, CA
“Zula had everything you need, while staying in amazing Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

$50 a night for air conditioning, pool, and a bar, perfect. They were very nice. Their restaurant was had great food and reasonable prices. I recommend the chicken shish kabobs. I left my purse out by the pool bar one night (to many drinks) and did not realize until the next day. All of my money and belongings were still in it. They made us feel safe.

• Stayed May 2012

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location , great people , great rooms.
Wev've been traveling costa rica for 7 weeks and Zula inn was our vaforite place , we had so much fun here , Santa teressa is a magical place and we recomand every to come and visit.
A+++

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the "brother" inn to Gingi's hostel. Except this is inn is on an entire other level. A hotel. If you all want a private kitchen and bathroom in one with neatly folded towels of swans and other sorts of cool animals. If you want to be connected to the world through wifi and television. This is the place. If you want a pool, an outdoor covered lounge area with a 'trust' bar...this is the place. My wife and I spent our last week here for our honeymoon for a whopping $60 a day! She knows how to cook and did it on a budget. Its awesome. The staff was very nice and do there job with ease. I constantly saw one person cleaning the pool, rooms and lounge area everyday. She enjoys her work and deserved a nice tip. Especially for washing my clothes and folding them nicely. She didn't even dry the clothes that I requested. This was a clean hotel.

Okay okay, so there was one roach I found in the kitchen. One roach. Yes I hate roaches but this was Pretty impressive for mal pais area since its not much of a developed area. They had raid near the trust bar just incase I couldn't stand it anymore. And of course...I used it. Problems since? Nope! As for any hotel or apartment in order to remain bug free, you have to be clean yourself. But I assure you, in order to escape insects completely from any place is to live in outer space. I actually love the fact that such a rich soiled area has so many living creatures and I am thankful to be in such a fruitful place and live to see it. This part of the review is for people with the phobias. As I am that person. Interesting enough, I was not attacked by mosquitos. Considering the beautiful plants they planted in the court yard area.

The only thing I wish could be improved is the wifi radius. It doesn't connect to the other villas because of the concrete. But even when I step outside something is still blocking the wifi signal. I have to walk 50 feet towards the entrance to finally get it. Oh well, maybe its best not to be near wifi signals all the time. ;).

Conclusively, I loved this place so much. I wish to return as soon as I can.

• Stayed April 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Zula Inn is a great location to stay if you are planning to Visit the Santa Teresa Area, is really near to the main road and easy to find and it allows you to travel to other nearby beaches (Montezuma, Curu, etc)
The road to the Inn is quite rough for an automobile, so I'll recommend getting an SUV if you are planning to drive there, otherwise you’ll have to fix for car as soon as you get back home (if you live in Costa Rica like we do).
This is not a beach front hotel; it is at about 200 mts from the Sta.Teresa beach, which was fine for us. We booked a 4 person bungalow and added a 5th one for a small fee, the owner added a small single bed which was surprisingly sturdy and comfy. We all slept comfortably. The bungalow was beautiful and it had everything we needed for a pleasant stay (fridge, AC, hot water, gas kitchenette, mini-oven, plates, etc). The room was cleaned daily, so it was always clean.
The owner was nice (we were a group of 5 young adults…so we did make noise at night while hanging out in our bungalow terrace) and there were no complaints whatsoever. The bungalows are separated to allow enough privacy and to be away of noisy neighbors like us!
Overall a great stay, I would recommend my friends to stay here and I would definitely go back in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have stayed in a variety of places in costa rica and well, many leave a lot to be desired. Not so here. While it isnt the Ritz, it is so much nicer than the other resorts I cut through on my way to the beach.
Avi and Rotem are the owners. The live on the grounds and almost always you can find one of them. We had an air conditioner that was not working and Rotem brought a fan from the restaurant. We had no problem finding staff at any time. We barely needed the fan because the other a/c unit cooled the whole place.

The kitchen: was sparse but it worked. The pans were older and dishes mismatched. But hey, its a rental and people get wild on other people's stuff. I saw a review where some people complained about this. Let me tell you that we were able to easily prepare breakfast for 3 each day. The cooking setup is a double burner hot plate and a toaster.
The rooms: when you enter you are in a common area/bedroom. This housed the kitchen, a tiny rollaway bed and a double bed. The next room had a double bed. Each room has a separate entrance if you need privacy. The beds are not the most comfortable but again, it isnt the ritz. Its costa rica and it was as nice as any other place i stayed. someone on here complained that she sheets were old but they work. Costa Rica is simple and laid back and they use stuff until it is unusable. They arent a throw away society like the US so i dismiss that complaint.
The same complainer earlier mentioned a battle with bugs. Its COSTA RICA! of course theres a few bugs. We did get some ants in our room but i had a bottle of bug spray and one spray at their entrance path and we never saw them again. This is just something that happens in costa rica. I'm surprised those people didn;t complain about the howler monkeys that came down to the trees each morning and woke us at dawn with their yelling. I think that part was FANTASTIC!
Back to the review: the bathroom was fine except i never figured out how to get hot water. Of course, its 1000 degrees outside so i didnt really care. The next place we stayed at you just turned it barely on and it was able to heat all the water.
The pool and grounds were wonderful. Clean and well kept. You could always find the housekeeper or maintenance guy if you had additional needs.
There is a grocery store within walking distance either way. To get to the beach you can turn left and go to the next road and walk down a short path. You can also cut through either of the resorts across the way. I use resort loosely here as they are the same type of construction as Zula- many bungalows and a pool. They werent as cute as Zula. There are restaurants sprinkled all the way to town.
There's a book trade in the office. They'll rent surfboards or ATV's. There's a bar by the pool. What else could you need?
Overall i dont really have a complaint about this place once they got the a/c running. Everyone at the place was great- owners, employees, and guests alike!

Room Tip: We had #4. It was perfectly fine. Looking over the grounds i would say they are all similar and pe...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

2 bedroom bungalow was dirty & infested with bugs. we had to have a nightly ritual of bug killing. And not just a bug here & there, we're taking a couple dozen.

Kitchenette was grubby with below par cooking pans & utensils. The A/C worked well as well as the TV.

Beds: mattresses are old, grimy and very uncomfortable along with small. Linens are worn out and stained which was gross.

Bathroom: no hot water despite advertising same, owners are no where to be found to fix it. The hot water set up is some half assed electrical wiring set up. Husband got a minor shock from it. appears totally unsafe.

pool: was pretty standard but I noticed the cleaning staff washing the many ashtrays in the pool. yuck!

overall, I wouldnt recommend zula inn.

• Stayed February 2012
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Zula Inn was quiet, clean and affordable. The hospitality of the owners, Rotem and Avi, made it a real pleasure to stay there. Also recommend eating at their restaurant near by.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Zula Inn Aparthotel? Share your experiences!