“Pura Vida” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucero Surf Retreats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lucero Surf Retreats
You added Lucero Surf Retreats to your Saves list
| Santa Theresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Vaughan, Canada
“Pura Vida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at a wonderful loction arranged by Lucero Surf Retreats. The retreat, staff and activities were fantastic. Special thanks to Courtney who took care of everything for us. Lucero Surf Retreats really knows how to make you feel special. We highly recommend booking a vacation with Lucero for surfing, yoga or relaxing. They know how to enjoy life.
Pura Vida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lucero Surf Retreats was the best choice for my trip to Costa Rica. I went with three of my friends and we all had a blast. We were all taken care of very well thanks to Lucero. Surfing, yoga, massages, paddle boarding, and horse back riding were just a few of the awesome activities that we really enjoyed. Our hotel we stayed at was SO nice and everyone there really made us feel welcome. Marieke from Lucero was beyond helpful with all of our questions and concerns before the trip, and during the trip she made sure we were having an amazing time. I highly recommend experiencing Costa Rica through Lucero, you won't regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Amazing trip, gorgeous location! The surf-yoga package was a fantastic value. Our experience with Lucero was excellent. Everyone we dealt with including the hotel owners, yoga & surf instructors & the on site Lucero coordinator was committed to making our stay a memorable one and they were wonderful people as well. In short, a great, fun time. Will definitely book future trips with the Lucero team!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This surf and yoga retreat was an amazing experience and I had a great time. From the start of planning this trip, Marieke was super helpful and responded to all our questions and emails with a prompt response and helpful information. This helped tremendously as this was the first time I planned a vacation that was not a simple all inclusive package. We flew into San Jose and took Nature Air to Tambour and took a 40min cab ride into Santa Theresa. They even had arranged to have a taxi waiting there for us. Otro Lado is an absolute hidden gem in the middle of a small surf town. Baggi and Nico were super helpful and friendly. The food at the hotel and everywhere we went was to die for, so fresh and made with love. The hotel rooms were great, each with its own unique style. When we arrived we were met by Courtney and Ryan who were our go to people for the week. They were amazing, super helpful and accommodating. They know the in's and out's of the area and provided us with a lot of info on where to eat, places to see, ect. They made our week even more amazing and worry free. Every morning we had yoga with Francesca who is a fantastic yoga instructor and will push who to your ultimate potential. Our surf instructor Marc was awesome. Right from the start you can tell the love and passion he has for surfing and it translates into the lessons. Having never surfed before, it was a breeze with Marc's technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate. We also went stand-up paddle boarding with Andy and his wife which was super fun and a great work out.
All in all this trip was perfect, I had such a wonderful time that I can not wait to get back there!! I only wish I had stayed longer and perhaps had slightly stronger SPF!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
montr��al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Extremely nice vacations. I LOVED it. Everybody was super nice to me and sooo helpful Marc, the surf instructor, was the best teacher! Great explanations, making me feel comfortable in any situation, really available, and soooo nice. And Baggi and Nico, the hotel owners, were perfect hosts.I hope I can come back soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sámara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Lucero was a perfect choice for a retreat! The owners are friendly, warm and very helpful. The experience was wonderful, the lodging, surf lessons and yoga were perfect! I could not have chosen a better retreat. I recommend them highly to friends and family!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

What an amazing experience!!
First off .... Santa Theresa is the hidden gem of Costa Rica. From white sand beaches, amazing surf, and most importantly wonderful locals.

My fiance and I went down for a week ... and wish we could have stayed a lifetime. Lucero arranged wonderul lodging steps away from the beach. Try the amazing homemade Italian food served by the owners. Incredible. Yoga class in the morning and surf in the afternoon. Does it get any better!?!? Our instructors were top notch and catered to all levels. I highly recommend renting 4-wheelers and checking out the other small towns nearby.

I can't say enough good things about Lucero. Go .... Enjoy ... and thank me later.

Room Tip: It's a relatively small place .... and all the rooms are great!! If you have 4 people, request...