“Loved it here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Loved it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and we both absolutely loved it! It is up a huge hill and the climb can be rough, especially in the heat or if you are carrying groceries, but we rented an ATV for almost all of our stay so we didn't have to worry about it. The view is the best and worth the climb. The rooms are basic but have everything you need and are kept very clean. The pool is beautiful and will feel amazing if you have to walk up the hill. The restaurant was closed during our stay but we would have loved to try it. The owner, Javier, was very nice and ready to help with anything we asked. Thanks Javier! I would definitely recommend Hotel Buenos Aires!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in late May. Buenos Aires is literally at the top of the hill which has its pros - great view, secluded feel - and its cons - rugged drive up, taxing to travel up/down if walking to the main street. The room we stayed in was sparsely furnished but had the essentials and was clean. The mattress was very firm which took some getting used to but felt great by our third nights sleep. The walls were thin so sometimes it sounded like there were birds/lizards in our room, but if this doesn't freak you out you should be fine. Javier was friendly and gave us plenty of pointers on where eat, surf, snorkel, etc. The pool also felt amazing after spending the morning in the salt water. I recommend.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms come with Air Conditioners (although you don't have a hammock) so choose wise...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel Buenos Aires is simply amazing! The views of the ocean from the hotel are stunning and it is one of the best places I can think of to sip a cold beer and watch the beautiful sunsets of Santa Teresa (which are out of this world). The gardens are immaculate and the rooms are spotless, bright and comfortable.

However, what really makes Hotel Buenos Aires special is the warmth and kindness of Flor and Javier - they are both genuinely lovely people and made my stay at Hotel Buenos Aires the best it could be.

I only have great thing to say about the Hotel, Flor and Javier and highly recommend a visit.

My review has been a long time coming.........I initially stayed at Hotel Buenos Aires for two days in early February 2014 but I enjoyed it so much I returned for several weeks on two subsequent occasions - later that month and also in April - I am sure I will be back!

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms upstairs (with AC) and downstairs (fan, no AC) and both were great - there wa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of April. We came to surf and relax and that's exactly what we did. I chose the hotel Buenos Aires based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor and they are all 100% accurate. What i underestimated was the steepness of the hill. I went cheap on the rental and didn't get a 4W drive, so we actually needed Javi's help to get the little Toyota Yaris up the hill. Javi is indeed extremely helpful, forthcoming and friendly as everyone points out and Flo very attentive to detail. We found an immaculately cleaned room everytime we returned from our morning surf and clean towels (which wouldn't have been necessary). The Buenos Aires is a quaint little hotel with about 10 rooms built on a steep hill over several terraces. When I first read about the restaurant being the best in town (which i truly believe it is), i was a bit worried that it might get noisy. However, the restaurant is far enough away from the rooms. Javi no longer runs the restaurant himself. It is open for breakfast and dinner. We never made it to breakfast (as it opened around 8:00 and we were already out and about by then and by the time we got back from the beach and town it was closed. So, the only thing we really missed up on the hill was our early morning coffee and a cool drink when we reached the pool (which is on the first terrace, the rooms being two terraces further). Unless you are bad on foot. I can highly recommend hotel Buenos Aires.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my trip to Hotel Buenos Aires last week. I travelled with my boyfriend, and we stayed for 5 nights. This place was as wonderful as I expected. The property is immaculate, the views are stunning, and the mini fridge is always full in each room. In my opinion it's a perfect spot for couples, as the sitting area and tables outside each room make the perfect laid back place to watch the sunset. I'm going to be honest here and say, that unless you are in moderately good shape or have an ATV or 4-wheel drive car, the steep climb to the hotel could pose a challenge after a while. It's really that steep! We had a car, and went back and forth between walking and driving down the hill. I didn't personally mind the walk, but did enjoy taking a dip in the pool on the way back to the hotel. As others have said Javier is a fantastic host. He makes this place truly special! I would definitely stay here again!
~Lindsay

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
buenosaireshotel, Gerente at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Lindsay, lt was a pleasure have you and Matt with us. We love to have people like you guys!
Thank you for take some time and write a review for us! l really aprecate your honesty.
Wish you the best.
Love from Mal Pais.
J.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I had a chance to stay here in February 2014 for 3 nights. The hill is quite steep to get up to the hotel but once you get to the top it is breathtaking and peaceful. By far one of the best views you will get in the entire area. It's quiet and Javier was amazing to deal with. The rooms were cleaned every single day and the mini bar restocked every day as well. The pool is definitely worth it if you are walking up to the hotel and need to cool off quick half way. Also the restaurant serves an unreal breakfast and the best tuna we have ever tasted. We would definitely stay here again next time we travel through Santa Theresa/Mal Pais. Thanks again to Javier for being such a great host and always being there when we had questions or needed a quick ride up the hill on a hot 39 degree day!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best place to spend the afternoon on a hot summer's day! There is a constant gentle breeze on the hillside that lulls you to sleep. Stunning views, immaculately clean rooms. Javier is the perfect host, always available and super friendly. Excellent location close to shops, restaurants and a great surf break. The walk up the hill is steep, but it's worth it. I ended up staying 15 days and you had to tear me away. Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you Mirella for choosing us! Like l told you, it was a real pleasure have you here with us. We really enjoy having guest like you, willing to explore and enjoy our little town.
You are always welcome!
All the best.
J.

Been to Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!